Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Charter Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking delivery of kit on Tuesday, Decembr 10 in Mobile, AL. Stewart is delivering with truck that has crane? He said I would not need a bunch of people. Can anyone shed some light on how this goes and what I need to have ready?

· Registered
1,783 Posts
Real nice set up. You may want to have at least one person with you to help guide her off the truck. The driver will lower it on to a nice 4 wheel dolly with pneumatic tires. Then you just roll it into her new home. Have your jack stands ready, if you have the paint or powder coat options place a rag on the stands. Congrats and have fun.
Mike

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Bryce, the driver, is a great guy and it can be easily done with just the two of you. The two of us unloaded it on a busy metropolitan street and pushed it a block and a half up an alley with a slight rise to it. The cart he has makes all the difference! Once in the garage, he just lifts up one end and you can slide jackstands underneath. It took about an hour to get the car and 10 boxes off.

I'm having trouble posting a picture so if you send me your email address I'll email you a photo of what it looks like as it comes off the truck.

Good luck and the fun is just beginning!

[ November 29, 2002, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Fred Dunn ]

· Premium Member
18,469 Posts
Rather than jackstands, you might want to get some furnature dolleys...$20 at Home Depot, $15 at Harbor Freight Tools. Lets you move the frame around easily by yourself. The dolleys are carpeted and exact spacing fits the FFR frame rails. Prevents scratches. They are 1000 lb capcity each so quite a lot of hardware can be added before real wheels go in place.

Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.