Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to manipulate the price of a kit in order to get the options I want while keeping the price as low as possible, does anyone know if you can delete some of the standard options like frame paint,POR seems to go. Also I would replace the standard "j" pipe exhaust with 4 into 4 from Tristate later on.It's stuff like this I'm wondering about ,if anyone can think of some more options or has done the same "delete" idea please let me know.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There is a pretty good market for the FFR parts. It mught be better to buy it all, and sell the spares. They are in the auto biz, and the rule is: Five dollars in, two dollars out. Just wouldn't want anyone to delete something for credit and find out the replacement is more money.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Badger:
Do believe that they will credit you for the j-pipes, if you go 4 into 4. Like most people do, if you are going with seats other than FFR's, order the Street Performers and you should be able to sell them for more than the FFR credit. Post this message on the Canadian Forum and there are quite a few FFR builders in Ontario and Quebec that will be able to help you.

Allan

·
USAF Lifer (Retired)
1,221 Posts
Is there a no body option?

·
6,546 Posts
Originally posted by Tim Burns:
Is there a no body option?
No.

If money is so tight that $22 makes a difference, my .02 would be to wait until $1000.00 doesn't make *any* difference other than a preference to save it.

If $20, $100 or even $1000 is a make or break deal...wait until it's not. Otherwise you could be headed for a real headache.

Having money that tight is worth it for some things like family...maybe friends, a ring for your fiance', a first home or things like that... just not a kit car.

Just my .02

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Ozona is right on the money, so to speak. And just to expand a little more, it's a commonly known fact that FFR's delete credits are laughingly low. They are trying to sell kits, not components. Buy the kit, take the stuff that comes with it and sell what you don't need. That's what 99% of the 3000+ FFR builder/owners have already done. The way the math works, if you order a kit from FFR and delete every single item in the shipping list, including the body and frame, you'll still owe them $7000!

·
Junior Charter Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys,if you don't ask questions you'll never know the answers. It's good to have a resource like this forum to get a feel for the direction you want to go by other people's experience. I'll probably just sell the parts I don't need,it sounds like the more financially sensible way to go given the credit values from FF.Hey it was worth a shot!

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Originally posted by Oldguy668:
The way the math works, if you order a kit from FFR and delete every single item in the shipping list, including the body and frame, you'll still owe them $7000!
That's pretty good Joe! I never thought of it that way!

Sort of like buying all the components, individually, to build a car. You'll spend 100 grand to build a 20 grand car!

I know someone who is looking for a reasonably good deal on a set of J-pipes and side exhaust. Drop me a note if you want to get them and unload them..

·
Senior Charter Member
6,800 Posts
It has been a while since I ordered my kit (#3243 in December, '01) but I did get some delets.

I had a delete for all of the panel riveting, the dash cut-outs, the body cut outs, the seats, the seat belts, the entire exhaust system, the interior trim package, the carpet package, the gauge package, the pulley kit (a/c replacement), rearview mirrors and the competition hood pins.

I also asked to have the roll bar deleted but was told that FFR won't sell the kit without a roll bar as part of the package. I'll have a standard black roll bar for sale soon.

P.S.
I didn't delete all these things to save money, I did it because I want to do that work myself, to have it the way I want it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts