Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have the same FFR Vintage vinyl low back seats in both the Cobra and in the Hot Rod. In the Cobra, I took them apart to add the seat heaters. While I was in there, I added the lumbar for me and my wife. I also added a bit more padding. Of all of the cars we have at my house, people often say the Cobra seats are the most comfortable. The Hot Rod has the big and wide version bolted to the floor and is down right terrible. The difference between bolted to the floor and having a sliding track is huge. I am planning on using Miata seats in the Hot Rod. With all of that said, I would urge caution in spending money on little things now. These projects can get out of hand pretty fast. It is very easy to go from a $40k to $60k in sub thousand dollar items. I keep a spreadsheet with every expense, which I really shouldn't. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would urge caution in spending money on little things now. These projects can get out of hand pretty fast. It is very easy to go from a $40k to $60k in sub thousand dollar items. I keep a spreadsheet with every expense, which I really shouldn't.
That's exactly why I am planning everything in excel, including sub-$10 items. That way I'll stick with my plan and (hopefully) not go (too) over.

I did the same thing with my motorcycle, but then I didn't stick with the plan and went thousands over :-D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts