Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got my Degas tank from Mike Forte and was wondering if the guys that have a degas tank could post some pictures of theirs and how it's mounted.
Thanks,
Lile

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Lile,

Here's mine. One quick note. Originally the F panel was getting hot due to the transfer of heat. I purchased some nylon washers and put them between the degas and F panel and that made a difference. HTH

·
4,342 Posts
Motors not in yet, but here you go.

·
4,342 Posts
From Mike Forte, a vendor here. It's a Ron Davis unit. I got the shroud and lower support from Breeze, another vendor.

Forte's Parts

Breeze

·
Senior Charter Member
1,028 Posts
Jim,
Are the expansion and overflow tanks from Forte's as well? Do you know if your concealed radiator hose setup will work with the FFR radiator?

John Minton FFR4174

·
4,342 Posts
Hi John,

Yes, the degas and overflow/Puke tanks are from Fortes. I'm not sure about the FFR radiator, but I think thu upper hose inlet is angled to bring it inside the F panel rather than outside, you may want to check on that. If it is, Mike has a degas tank for that setup as well, like in Jeff's photo above.

HTH

·
Senior Charter Member
1,028 Posts
Thanks Jim.

I went out to look at the FFR radiator and you are correct. The upper hose inlet is angled to bring it inside the F panel. I do like your set up better, but since I already have the radiator I'll go with Mike's other expansion tank.

John Minton FFR4174

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
I am installing mine tonight. I thought the degas tank needed to be the highest point in the system.

Mine, like others pictured will not be the highest point, but it will be higher than the inlet. The highest point will be in the 90 degree bend in the upper hose.

Is that correct?

·
4,342 Posts
Kerry-
I think you're talking about for filling /burping issues. I've measured mine pretty carefully, and with the poly motor mounts, it should be fine. If not, you can open the plugs on top of the intake manifold to bleed air from the system while filling.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Are there any baffles on the inside of the degas tanks, or are they just a large area for the air to come out of the fluid? Thanks

·
4,342 Posts
No baffles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.