Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Good stuff. Back during my last 1.5 years of college I was an MECP mobile install tech at a high end shop. One of the addition trainings was SPL (decibels) and hearing loss.

Long or even repeated exposure to 85+ decibels can cause hearing loss and the louder the sound, the faster the hearing goes. 3000Hz to 6000Hz range will suffer the most.

However, once the interior is installed, and if you can get the noise down to 75- decibels, you are unlikely to suffer hearing loss.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Vidal. Could you provide the specifics of the materials (brands and/or part #) you are using for heat and sound dampening that you mention here: Heat Sheild / Sound Deadening and Noise Reduction - GEN2 GTM Supercar BUILD ? Its not advertising if you don't tell me where to buy it, or is it?

I was also curious what you are using behind your seats on the thick panels.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thanks Vidal. Could you provide the specifics of the materials (brands and/or part #) you are using for heat and sound dampening that you mention here: Heat Sheild / Sound Deadening and Noise Reduction - GEN2 GTM Supercar BUILD ? Its not advertising if you don't tell me where to buy it, or is it?

I was also curious what you are using behind your seats on the thick panels.
Sure. McMaster Carr Item # 5692T63 which is almost Identical to this Hoodliner

The tunnel will have this on the inside of the aluminum panels. the outside will have a layer of Fatmat followed by a layer of this; 8722K79 which is very similar to """Dynaliner 1/4""""""".

The fuel tank and rear window panels will get the same treatment.

The backside of the door panels will get a layer of 5692T63 and 8722K79.

The floor will get all three as well.

I chose these as lower cost alternatives to the branded items so their performance may differ slightly. However this three part approach works very well. 1. dampen the panel. 2. absorb sound. 3. Block sound.

Your GTM looks awesome. Unique and very cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.