Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
703 Posts
That picture was just taken last month at the Deep South Cobra gathering of the Reptile Roundup at the Fantasy of Flight, nice picture Mark.

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Wow, spectacular!

Looks like we're almost brothers! :D

R :D

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Great Pic and a gorgeous car Mark! Congrats!

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Hey, I recognize that car! Way cool! :yes:

Thanks Bill, and to everyone else for the comments. Off to buy a calendar! LOL

Mark

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The car is awesome the picture is awesome and there both a year ahead of them self’s. Congrats
Jon D
:thumbup1:
P.S. I think it may be still be "2008"

·
Junior Charter Member
1,361 Posts
Hey, is that a "real" B-17 Flying Fortress? ;)

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Nice picture, looks like vintage planes in the background has been a hit the last couple of months. I've always liked fast cars/historic cars and planes. Since my wife is into horses one my favorite places to go while in Dayton is the air force museum. I recommend it for anyone interested in vintage planes. You can see everything from the Wright flyer to the SR 71 blackbird. It is a very impressive place and admission is free!! If you into vintage cars there is also a Packard muesum downtown which also has a lot of historic cars.
Great looking car, NICE background:
CB

·
Registered
891 Posts
Cars and Planes

Great photo. Congrats Mark.

Vintage planes. Love them. Dayton also has the only remaining XB-70 Valkyrie. You can even sit on the park bench beneath it and take in the atmosphere. My wife doesn't understand.

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Great picture. Congrats!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
No it's not, it's a real B-25J...

Fantasy of Flight's B-25

:lol:

Mark
Mark do you know if Kermit still owns a P-51 called "Cripes-A-Mighty III"?

When I was in high school, (1979) he brought a couple of his planes up to Valdosta, GA, to escape a serious huricane. I remember being in awe of the P-51, and of Kermit. The tower gave him the green light to do a couple of high speed passes, and I was blown awway when that piston engined plane came accross ahead of it's own sound!

I think to this day that he is probably one of the coolest guys that I have ever met.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts