Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an unprecedented rage and fury of wind my hood got slammed shut a while ago and broke the flat piece on the back end of the hood that holds the alignment square for the acorn nut. On Sunday I brought my car to the painters to get it fixed.
Got it back yesterday so it was finally time to apply the drivers side decals. When I installed the passenger side I made a template first so I could mirror the other side. So I applied the template and placed the decals In their respective spots with painters tape. I could then remove the template and one by one apply the decals. You flip up the decal and remove the backer. Spray the decal and the car body with a soapy solution then flip the decal down. Squeegee the water out from underneath and let them sit for 30 minutes. Then soak them with fresh water, let sit for 3min, and peel back the top layer.

Also finally got the radiator cover piece painted at the same time. This will help direct the air through the radiator.

The list is getting short(er).

John

·
Registered
307 Posts
Let me first say that I am not a fan of vendor decals on cars. I get race cars need the sponsor money and that makes sense. But on street cars, it just looks tacky to me. Again, this is my opinion. With all that said, I love what you did here.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me first say that I am not a fan of vendor decals on cars. I get race cars need the sponsor money and that makes sense. But on street cars, it just looks tacky to me. Again, this is my opinion. With all that said, I love what you did here.
I appreciate that thank you!

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts