Factory Five Racing Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Great videos! I really like your wiring. I assume the panel with the relays is mounted on a hinge under the dash and you had it where it is just for wiring purposes?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Great videos! I really like your wiring. I assume the panel with the relays is mounted on a hinge under the dash and you had it where it is just for wiring purposes?
you are correct. Here is a look at business side of the under dash panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Additional Trunk Space Found

Added some additional trunk space in addition to the Russ Thompson dropped trunk. Note that this is a 2015+ IRS car.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Working on the Body Fitting. I have the front and rear quick jack bolts in place with the brackets on the front. the front quick jack bolts are centered in the holes. will check the side to side positioning to the shock towers tomorrow.

The body is about 1/4" ahead of the door latch striker plate as shown in the following pics.

There is about 1/8" gap between the rear cowl and the aluminum to the back of the passenger compartment. I'm thinking i should trim the lip so i can get the carpet behind the cowl lip.

My main concern is the position over the dash. The body seems to be sitting high relative to the dash. when i push down on the top of the body, i goes down 1/8" on the DS, 5/8" in the center, and 1/4" on the PS. it is compressing the firewall bulb seal some as shown by this pic.

Comments?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
My shaft is short as well. They told me it was too short to balance...did yours get re-balanced after it was modified?
I ask that it be balanced. They did not mention not being able to do so.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Gen 3 Coyote Oil Pressure Sender

The factory sensor is required. The wiring harness sender is also required to make the oil pressure gauge show the oil pressure. I choose to eliminate the oil bypass solenoid also. I did this by replacing the Gen 3 oil filter adapter with one for a Gen 2 from a 2017 mustang. I put around 100 miles on mine before making the factory oil pressure sensor work. There were not any DTC's associated to the oil bypass solenoid when the oil bypass solenoid wasn't connected. However, Ford Racing instructed me to place a 100 ohm resister in the wiring in place of the solenoid.

Note that without the factory oil pressure sender the ECU limits the engine to about 3500 rpm.

These pics show the difference in the adapters and the final installation
Auto part Automotive engine part Engine
Art
Auto part Tool accessory
Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive engine part

Note that the block has 3 openings, The 2017 adapter covers all 3. Two of the openings are the filter supply and return, I assume the third is a return to the pan for the oil bypass solenoid. The extra passage shown on the 2018 adapter is the oil supply to the oil bypass solenoid. There are not any openings in the block in that location.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Gen 3 Coyote Oil Pressure Sender

The factory sensor is required. The wiring harness sender is also required to make the oil pressure gauge show the oil pressure. I choose to eliminate the oil bypass solenoid also. I did this by replacing the Gen 3 oil filter adapter with one for a Gen 2 from a 2017 mustang. I put around 100 miles on mine before making the factory oil pressure sensor work. There were not any DTC's associated to the oil bypass solenoid when the oil bypass solenoid wasn't connected. However, Ford Racing instructed me to place a 100 ohm resister in the wiring in place of the solenoid.

Note that without the factory oil pressure sender the ECU limits the engine to about 3500 rpm.

These pics show the difference in the adapters and the final installation
View attachment 358336 View attachment 358337 View attachment 358338 View attachment 358339

Note that the block has 3 openings, The 2017 adapter covers all 3. Two of the openings are the filter supply and return, I assume the third is a return to the pan for the oil bypass solenoid. The extra passage shown on the 2018 adapter is the oil supply to the oil bypass solenoid. There are not any openings in the block in that location.
I have reinstalled the oil bypass solenoid. I am having an idle issue where, after 5-10 seconds, the idle RPM would go up about 200RPM above the idle set point. The tuner, using an SCT X2, tuner was not able to resolve the issue. I removed the resistor and reinstalled the oil bypass solenoid, which improved the situation. Now the idle goes up about 50RPM. Note that this occurs with a deffinate change in tone.

It goes in on Monday for a tune using an HP Tuners. Hopefully he cah resolve the issue.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts