Solid quadrant and fire wall adjuster.

Solid quadrant and fire wall adjuster.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Installed Fuel Return into Tank

Added fuel return to tank. Return discharges into the pump sump to minimize fuel starvation on low fuel levels. :nerd:
Plan to install the tank tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
IRS Differential Vent Installed

IRS Differential Vent Installed. Used the stock part, trimmed off both ends to fit. Used the first step of a double flare to bulge the end of the plastic tube to help hold the hose on.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fuel Lines Installed

Fuel lines from the tank to the engine compartment are complete. No couplings used.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hydo Boost, ABS,and Brake Lines Installed

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

More brake line pics

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Heater Mounting

Choose to mount the heater more substantially that threading self tapping screws into plastic. So, i got some 1/8' x 1/2" steel bar, drilled and tapped for 8 #8 screws. Drilled, tapped, and countersunk 4 #6 screws to hold the bars in place. The 8 screws were put into the bar from the back side with Locktite to keep them from backing out as the nuts are tightened. Also added a piece of bar to fill the gap instead of using a gob of silicon seal as suggested in the instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Front ABS Sensor Brackets

Started out with the Russ Thompson front ABS sensor brackets but I am using 2007 front ABS sensors which did not fit the Russ Thompson brackets. The 2007 sensors take a 5/16" bolt instead of 1/4", and the flat spot is turned at a different angle from the mounting location. Started by modifying one of the Russ Thompson brackets and decided that a winder piece of aluminum would be needed. The pictures shows the 2 Russ Thompson brackets (on the left) and the 2 that I made, and a mounted sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
E-Stopp brake with T56

Anyone use an E-Stopp parking brake with a T56? I have a later MK4 with Wildwood’s. There are 2 brackets that the cables can go through. I was considering cutting off the front one to push the E-Stopp as far back as possible. Would that provide sufficient clearance?

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Gen 3 Intake Runners

Since the actuators for the intake runners do not fit in the MK4, they were removed and plates fabricated to hold them open. The wire harness was attached to the actuator bracket so i incorporated the wire harness attachment into the brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Gen 3 Coyote Oil Pressure Sender

The oil OEM oil pressure sender on the Gen 3 Coyote does not utilize a 1/4" NPT connection. Instead it is a M12-1.5 thread with an o-ring connection. Attached pic shows the comparison with the Speed Hut provided sender and adapter. I followed Edwardb's lead, removed the mounting plate off of the engine, and drilled and taped it for the 1'4" NPT connection needed for the Speed Hut sender and adapter

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Coyote Gas Pedal

Got the Coyote gas pedal modified and installed. I am using a '03/'04 Cobra pedal box. Modified the Coyote pedal and the pad off of the Cobra pedal. Took quite a bit of trial and modification to get the positioning correct. Also added some spacers under the top mounting of the FFR adapter to move the pedal forward a little. Got it so it is 1.5" forward of the brake pedal.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Centering Steering Wheel

With the '04 steering rack, the steering wheel is 60 degrees off of vertical when the rack is centered. I noted that others had re-drilled the steering wheel hub as a means of correcting this so I decided to pursue that option. I found that if the steering wheel is rotated to near vertical 3 of the holes line up and get the steering wheel to within a few degrees of vertical. However, if the steering wheel hub is rotated 180 degrees then 4 of the holes line up with the steering wheel within a few degrees of vertical. I choose to go this route. I epoxied aluminum slugs in the 2 holes and re-drilled them in the new locations. The pics help explain the process.

Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congratulations.
JR

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Drive Shaft

This is the drive shaft for a 2015+ IRS with a T56. it is a whopping 8" long.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Dash Layout

A diagram of the dash layout, pictures if the dash, behind dash wiring, and under dash panel wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 47 Posts