Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the DWC dead pedal kit, but I also remember seeing a dead pedal attached to the vertical tube in the front left sde of the drivers footbox. Does anybody make this or was it a custom fabrication?
Rob

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I made my own for my MK II using a rubber exhaust hanger and an aluminum plate. The plate secures the pedal to the sloped down tube and the flat one at the floor: works great.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Rob,
Was this the one that you might be thinking of? I made this for my MarkIII. The pictures are of a prototype that I didn't like. The follow up piece came out pretty good. The final version is a piece of pipe split in 1/2 then standoffs welded to it along with the foot pad. The brace is at an angle in the car and the footpad is aligned vertical with the rest of the pedals. It is held in with one bolt so it is real easy to install.

I made up a couple of these and gave a copy to Mike Forte. I don't know if he has had time to start producing them yet. If I ever get my car on the road I might start fabbing up some more of these or else make another copy to get to one of the vendors here.

Mike M.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
I fabbed one. Not hard. Used a piece of 3/8" thick aluminum and cut out long holes on the back side so I could easily adjust its position. Bolted this to a long piece that is bolted to the footbox tubes. Here are a couple of pics...

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
Originally posted by calicoco:
I have an MKII is it structurally ok to remove the diagonal brace?
Only if you're going to replace it with a tube similar to the MIII's.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I modified the frame in my MK2's footbox to put one. Then had Russ Thompson build me a matching cover. It all looks better now that it's powdercoated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts