Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Ron Frances complete wiring harness and the gauge set is supposed to "snap" in. The connections are completely wrong. I have the "vintage style" gauge set rather than the modern set. Does Ron Frances make 2 different types of harness for the different gauge set or am I going to have to snip and retrofit all the connections?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
the gauges all snap together, but everything else is as Jeff said

welcome to the wiring phase of ur build...hooty hoot:001_smile:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You thought what I thought... If I buy this and its made for that and FFR supplies it then wow it will just be plug and play. Not! I'm not a wiring kinda guy and I was hoping to avoid just exactly what you just discovered. I lived through it and I hope you end up as lucky as I was with everything working.
Have you plugged in the main harness connectors yet? The square plug goes in the round hole and be ready for a fight there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's time to say it again and try to make FFR builders aware that there is no 'completely'
plug & play front to back wiring kit available for your build. Your wiring supplier can do different things to make things easier on you. But because of the different ways gauge and accessories suppliers use to make the final connections to their products their is no way to know exactly what your going to need in advance unless you do the research yourself.

At WIREDIET.com Roger Stine's called his original designs plug & play because the OEM dieted wiring just plugs back in through stock connectors along with a wired in ignition switch in the EZ wiring chassis harness. Only thing wiring wise to go for a 'first start' you need to do besides layout the wiring in the chassis, hookup the oil pressure, power, ground & starter wires is turn the key and hear it go 'VAROOM', then idle down and shut it off - you have a runner. If it doesn't run you know right away and can deal with that before you wire the rest of the car.

Everybody needs to think about what their going to do about the wiring earlier rather than later in the build. If you need my assistance contact me early in the build for the best results and turnaround.

Art

1 - 6 of 6 Posts