Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a sign guy make me some switch labels. It took a few times, but I think these looked the best. I need a headlight label. I saw another post where someone had done this and I thought they looked more finished and custom than the decals I had. What you think?

Ernest

Attachments

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I think he would be willing to do some more. Pm me and I will give you his email. I don't feel right about posting it.

They are 1.25 inches diameter and 0.5 inch holes to fit the ffr switches. They are made out of a thin plastic like an office sign on a door. Non adhesive. They are plenty stiff to tighten against. He already has the pattern saved, so I think it would be a matter of letting him know what you want on each switch.

Ernest

·
Registered
167 Posts
dash decals

You could also look at dashdecals.com as well. They might have what you need without re-inventing the wheel and at a reasonable price.
Andy

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could also look at dashdecals.com as well. They might have what you need without re-inventing the wheel and at a reasonable price.
Andy
I bought those...they were ok, but they weren't custom for some of my switches. I looked everywhere for custom labels, and just couldnt find any. This wasnt very pricey, considering the rest of the build!

Pm's sent.

ernest

·
Just Pluggin Along
1,172 Posts
A few years ago, several people used this company. They are familiar with FFR builds.

Plastic-Tags: Signs & Engraving - Online Catalog:
I used the platic-tags and they are very easy to deal with, plus they have everything saved. She calls them Lex tags for the gentleman that made the first order.

They are nice but can bend over time if you use them with the padded dash. Just use a thin washer under the tag and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have the same kind that Ernest has. A local trophy and sign-making shop made them for me. I even had them make labels for the warning lights. I hope I don't need another one, that shop was wiped out by a tornado last year.

·
8,381 Posts
What/Whose ignition switch is that?

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Here's the original "Lex Tags" I wonder how she came up with that name?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lex ,
Great looking dash layout. I think these labels give it a great look. It was one of your old posts that got me hooked getting some! It really sucks that a lot of the old pictures in searches do not come up. It makes it harder for us newer guys to really dig into the forum.

How is your grab bar mounted to the body? Is it reinforced on the back? Thanks.

Ernest

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Lex ,
Great looking dash layout. I think these labels give it a great look. It was one of your old posts that got me hooked getting some! It really sucks that a lot of the old pictures in searches do not come up. It makes it harder for us newer guys to really dig into the forum.

How is your grab bar mounted to the body? Is it reinforced on the back? Thanks.

Ernest
Thanks. I reinforced the grab handle with aluminum bar but it still didn't feel secure enough for a 200 lb person to pull on so when I repainted the car I left it off. It was orgionally a handle from a 289 street car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.