Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Dash Round 2

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  3KCarbon 
#1 ·
My first attempt at covering my dash with the marine vinyl and 3m Super 77 didn't go well. I got my timing of the glue off or didn't use enough and got a couple of air bubbles. Then I read in another thread 3M didn't list 77 for this application anyway. I had a double reason to give it another try. Not having the 3M 80 on hand I decided to get the Weldwood red label brush stuff and give it a try. I was lucky enough to find it listed for sale at both WallyWorld and Lowes. So off to the Roadster supply area of WallyWorld and for $6.97 I had a quart. Wow what a difference in ease of use. I first cut the vinyl and marked the back for a location so I had enough material all around. Then brushed one coat on the vinyl and one one the metal. When I got through brushing a coat on the metal I noticed the glue had soaked into the vinyl backing so I brushed on a second coat. I went up stairs to let it dry for about 15 minutes and came back for the big moment. The Weldwood seems to make the vinyl a bit softer to work with and is much easier to position and work down. I must admit the practice from the 3M 77 helped but it was much easier to work with in all aspects. So far its looking much better than the 3M 77. Only time will tell how it holds up. I believe if I had used this product first my results would have been better:001_rolleyes:

#2 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Teasers can be pleasers......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.