Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the dash supplied by FFR with the roadster how did you lay-out your gauges? Does it even matter how you have your gauges laid out? Right now I have mine laid out like this....starting left to right, Tach, Speed-O, then Oil Pres. Oil Temp, Water Temp, Volts, and Fuel. As for the toggles, I have one for the wipers, then one for the fan, I'm not sure what other toggles I might need, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Lile

·
Master Builder
1,243 Posts
Its your choice, check out other cars on this site for all the possibilities. This is the way we did it and added Autometer gauge pods to cut down on the glare.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
It's a personal preference. No right or wrong way to position them. For me, I paid extra for the blank dash and put Oil PSI and Oil Temp. right up front! IMO, those are the two most important "health" gauges. Water temp, fuel level and voltage afterwards.

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
A couple of suggestions...Install the body and the the dash so you can mark the location of the body on the dash blank, as well as the 3/4" support bar location on the back. Make cardboard cut outs of your gauges with double back tape ar just make a loop of masking tape. Sit in the car with the seat in at approximately the finished height with the steering wheel on. It will help position the gauges in the location where you can see them as well as being sure they will clear the body as well as the support bar.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.