Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cobra Builder
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a test fit but how tight is the fit between the body and the 3/4" dash hoop? My dash is REAL tight in the center and towards the passenger side. Just wondering if this is "par for the course" or a solution is needed.

Keep pushing and bend the body up a little? I just don't want to over force it and screw it up.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,835 Posts
Most take a large hammer to the hoop. You may want to place a block of wood between the hoop and hammer. This question use to show up occasionally, but have not seen it lately.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Mine was snug on the test fit but still enough room for the dash to fit behind the body lip. You can try bending the hoop forward 1/4" to 1/2". Look at how much trimming may still be needed on the body at that point. Is there enough play in the mounting holes to slide the body back just a scosh?

Mike M.

·
Cobra Builder
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have all my bolts in my body and it is super tight, how much room should there be?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Don't want to hijack your post, but is it your headlight switch on the left??

I wonder if there is enough room between the steering wheel and the switch knob when the lights are on??

[ June 23, 2007, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Dakota ]

·
Cobra Builder
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Dakota:
I wonder if there is enough room between the steering wheel and the switch knob when the lights are on??
Yes, there's more room than it looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts