Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished putting the gauges in the dash last night. What do you guys think?

Here is the car at the body shop waiting body/paint work.

P.J.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Seat heat controls on the dash?

nice!

·
1,027 Posts
Looks like you have enough gages to fly a plane.

Seriously, it looks like you have two fuel gages and two oil gages. Can you give us an idea of the difference between them?

Looks very nice by the way.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel and Oil pressure are above the steering shaft. Water temp, oil temp, fuel, and volt meter are above the speedo. Clock is next to speedo.

P.J.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
looks like 1 fuel pressure and 1 fuel level. Then 1 oil temp, and 1 oil pressure. I like how you bumped it down in the center, like a 289 car. Very cool, and nicely done.

Matt

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wow! That is a beutiful dash! I can't figure out what the two red covered switches are........I think one say "FAN" but I'm not sure.
How big of a job was it to wire in the start button.
Very nice!
Andrew

·
FFCobra Fanatic
742 Posts
Awesome job, you're doing exactly what I am planning on doing when i get to that stage. From the looks of it, I'd guess you used a "start" button from a Honda S2000(my machanical background is mainly imports), and the key looks like it's from Painless Performance? Other than that...yea, how difficult was it?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The drawer front is at my dad's be customized with the word 'Huggies' on it (the frig is just to the right and that is the offical "Huggy" drawer). The dash is one that I made from scratch along with the bottom extension. The vinyl is from Jo-Ann fabrics and is marine grade. The two covered switches say 'Fan' and 'Hazard'. The reason that there are no pics from the back side is that it's not completely done yet (start engine is from a S2000). I'm trying to find the part number for the Ford GT start engine button (neighbor is a Ford dealer) to use a Ford part instead of a Honda. Harness (ignition) is from American Autowire.

P.J.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Very nice gauge layout. Well done!!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
NIce job. 4" gauges or 5"??

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Beautiful. Brings up an idea. With all that information to try to absorb in a glance, would it be better to orient the gauges with the needles straight up when they are normal? Makes it easier to check everything with a sweep of the dash. Just a thought and not to detract from how good it looks.

·
3,798 Posts
How did you get permission to build the dash on the kitchen counter tops? The dash looks good.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
711 Posts
Make sure you open the shade in front of you so you can see where you are going!...

Dash looks great!

Raymond

·
FFCobra Craftsman
711 Posts
You didn't get ahead of yourself and forget the steering shaft hole?....Did you?

I'm assuming the hole in the aluminum is there and you have not cut the hole in the fabric just yet.

Raymond

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DFRESH - they are 4 inch gauges
68GT500MAN - that's my garage, not the kitchen and I'm king of the castle as long as she's not home.

P.J.

·
Senior Charter Member
302 Posts
Could you tell me where you got the clock? How much, who from? Dash looks great!

Don

·
8,350 Posts
You do good work. Wow, more gauges than I want to monitor, but really nice placement; looks great! I'm just a little bit jealous.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Don,
I got the clock and fuel pressure directly from Autometer. They asked me not to advertise the price (I badgered them about the fact that you can't find the 427 SC guages anywhere easily), but it was cheap.

P.J.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts