Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The body is on and w/ the padding on the dash there is no way the dash will go under the lip. The body is bolted down and i cannot move the lip forward. My only option is to knock in the 3/4" dash hoop forward about 1/2" to get it under. Anyone else run into this? The body is where it is supposed to be and wont move rearward any.

Dave

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Many have had to knock it forward, myself included. Its no big deal.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok just making sure im not the first. I had to knock my vertical 3/4 tube on the pass side by the door latch mounting too to get it to mount.
quality control ???
Dave

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just mounted my body for the first time and I must say I was amazed by how well everything fit. I need to make minor (3/8") mods to the header cutouts and take a touch off the rollbar cutouts but everything else fits fairly well.

Murph

·
Orbiting FFCobra.com
778 Posts
I've had my body on and off a few times, and it seems that the hoops is really close to the dash. I just mounted the dash, so I hope it fits when I put the body back on for the LAST time

Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
4,275 Posts
I had to cut a 1/2" section out of each of the side rails holding the hoop nad knock the angled piece in a coresponding 1/2". Then I riveted and agled piece of aluminum to hold the two side rails together. This kept the dash flat once installed, instead of having a dip in the top center that would occur if you just pounded the center of the hoop in....Do a search on member #989 a few months back if you feel like reliving my troubles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ran into this problem myself. I cut the square tube brace that reinforces the dash hoop then used my small hydraulic jack and a 2x4 between the frame between the seats and the dash hoop to bend the dash hoop forward the required amount.
PSS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts