Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all of us make small mods to the dash. I thought a post with nothing but dashboards in it could give others a look at gauge and switch layouts for future ideas even the little extras like radio's and gloveboxes.

·
Charter Member
1,083 Posts
First, let me say ,WOW guys. I'm really impressed with those dashes.
Here's mine. The car was built for racing first and street second, but sometimes I wish the speedo was a bit larger. You also may not need the master disconnect or fire plunger on your dash..

·
3,760 Posts
I suggest you ping member 'cwareham' and ask him to post a pic of his dash. Actually, he and his bride conspired on the design.

Nicest layout I've ever seen in an FFR,
IMO. I've already gotten their permission to shamelessly copy it. But mine's not done yet so I can't show a pic.

AJ

·
Registered
11,825 Posts

pilot/co-pilot setup. separate switches for each turn signal (green). (both "up" acts as hazzard.) separate switches for each cold footbox (blue).

one red for the heater, controled by wifie to be (?)

BE CAREFUL OF THE SQUARE TUBE JUST TO THE RIGHT OF THE CENTER OF THE DASH HOOP. BARELY CLEARED IT WITH MY SECOND FROM RIGHT GAUGE.

·
Charter Member
1,083 Posts
I thought my dash had lotsa stuff on it

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Just before fitting the side panels on the console

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Lancair-

Your dash is simply awesome. It is the most period correct, original looking dash I've seen. What detail.

2FAST

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
here is mine, not done yet, its going to have edging like Herbs as soon as i figure out the best way to do it, it is mohogony formica that has been clear coated with automotive clear, i will wet sand and buff it before the gauges go in......Vinny

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool dashes keep'em comin'

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,219 Posts
mine..

Basic street, though different switch layout (turn signal switch on left of speedo, so it can be worked by my left hand...

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Not the best pic but here you go. Autometer vintage gauges in the street layout. Left of the steering wheel is the headlights and dimmer. Bottom row left to right...FFR supplied horn, FFR supplied lucas style turn switch, Aircraft/Race car style Off/On/Start switch w/flip-up cover, FFR supplied cooling fan override switch. Objective was to keep it simple.

Matt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts