Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I figured that since I have a lot of spare time on my hands at the moment being a drain on society and have almost an entire sheet of .063 aluminum left over, that I'd make some dash blanks or glove boxes for a real reasonable cost + shipping (I was thinking $35 for the dash, let me know what you think). I originally wanted the competition gauge layout and bought Tristates. It does seem to line up for a MKIII as the photos show.

The Tristates is on top of the FFR. Notice the steering column holes.

All three (top: FFR; middle: my blank unbent at bottom; bottom: Tristates)

I made a glove box that fits between the seats that is 8" wide, 6" tall, and 14" deep. It will have a door that swings down. I'll post pics after I put it in later today.
My Tristates dash is for sale and Mike at Tristates now knows that the MKII and III are slightly different.

Thanks,
P.J.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
PJ, I sent you an email. Thanks.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
For $35 I would take a competition style one for a MKII.

Olivier

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
PJ, Your memo is about $35 and a month too late! I had just ordered a new blank from FFR in early January and it's already installed.

The builder of the car I own had either never raced or never tried to wear a full faced helmet and read the gauges. It was impossible to see the most important gauges (oil pressure and tachometer) with a brain bucket on.

I was surprised at the amount of difference between the new one and the original. It took quite a bit of trimming to get it to fit right(mostly across the top of the arch).

Sorry we couldn't do business. Your price is about 1/2 of FFRs.

Best regards,

·
743 Posts
I'm inteested in the glove box, can you send a picture?

Bob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone,
I did a little checking on all the major shippers websites this morning and they are all around $30 for shipping due to the length of the dash. I have the measurements for the lay out of the competition dash (I don't have a 5" hole bit) and have a 4 and 2" inch hole bit to cut the holes. Let me know and I can have some finished up by Saturday. I'll have mine done later tonight.

Thanks,
P.J.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
P.J.
I am interested, could you tell me what the shipping would be to Hawaii? my zip code is 96818
Honolulu, HI. I wouldn't need the holes cut, that would save you some time, I have hole cutters here that would cover that. Let me know.
Thanks!
Ben Smith

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I would need a dash for MK III
Thanks!
Ben

·
Senior Charter Member
580 Posts
P.J.
I wanted a BLANK panel. I have a FFR panel for the donor gauges that won't fit my S/W gauges.
Thanks

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for not posting pics of the rear glove box that I've made yet. I've been really busy trying to become employeed again the past couple of days. Will have time this weekend to snap some photos. If there is enough interest, I'll run out and get more material.

P.J.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My buddy has a 10 foot brake to make the 90 degree bend at the bottom. It is a 1 inch lip or however big you want it.

P.J.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
280 Posts
Also interested in photos of the glove box kit.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will try and get photos this weekend. The wife is heading out of town with the kids. Having a whole day and half free is a wonderfull thing.

P.J.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
951 Posts
I would like a mkII dash also. I sent you an email already, If you can make the bend wider that would be great to add switches under the dash instead on the face.
thanks
bob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts