Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

I want to start designing my 427. I want an aluminum bock, but I don't know if I should go with the Dart racing aluminum block or the Ford racing aluminum block. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rod

·
Registered
309 Posts
You will need to verify this, but one of the Ford block's cylinders is shorter than the Dart block cylinders. According to the builder stating this, the pistons are not as stable at the bottom.
The builder goes by the name Woody, company may be StrokeMe, and located in Ill.
This is from memory a long time ago.
My money would go to Dart, if this is true.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Railroad,

I know that is one of their selling points. The cylinder wall is longer. I know both blocks have a lot more beef to them than their steel counter blocks. Thanks.

Rod

·
Registered
18 Posts
JC, is that your opinion or do you have anything to back it up. I admit I do like the cost of the Ford a lot more than then Dart. Almost half.
Based on reading on quality issues with Dart. Either by complete engines by them or single engine parts. QC.

Ford has a higher standard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Charter Member
6,124 Posts

·
Always changing something
220 Posts
You will need to verify this, but one of the Ford block's cylinders is shorter than the Dart block cylinders. According to the builder stating this, the pistons are not as stable at the bottom.
The builder goes by the name Woody, company may be StrokeMe, and located in Ill.
This is from memory a long time ago.
My money would go to Dart, if this is true.
The company you are thinking of is FordStrokers.com. I know that the shorter cylinders are an issue with the cast iron block comparison, but not so sure about the aluminum blocks. Email Woody, he will answer you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts