Factory Five Racing Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wimbledon is a creamier slightly off white while Arctic is a bright white. Warm vs. cool. The stark contrast of Arctic can sometimes be a bit overpowering with some colors. My unsolicited opinion is that given your interior color (which I really like) I wouldn’t do stripes at all...but that wasn’t your question ;)

Jeff
thanks jeff.
I totally value your opinion. I'll share with you my vision when the time comes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Starting to think of my final paint color and despite seeing a number of great color combos, I'm still drawn to a dark metallic blue with white stripe.
Lexus Indigo ink is a very common color out there, and for a great reason. Nice deep blue color that pops in the sun.
For some reason, I think it'd be nice to keep with a Ford color code. I know, it's a replica and who cares which color you pick, right?
I've come across a few colors that I really like and wondering if anyone has painted their cobra with these

Blue Jeans
Kona (a bit too purple in some lights, IMO)
Antimatter Blue
Nightmist
Caspian

Alternatively, I really like Audi's Navarra blue.
At the end of the day, Indigo might be the winner, but just wondering if anyone has found a similar/better Ford color.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Not sure of the blue color code, but I sure like the black strips...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Egchewy,
It sounds like you and I are in the same color ballpark. I’ve been looking at some of those same color combos for my Mk4. Hadn’t heard of Antimatter blue but adding it to my list of possible colors, thanks! I’m hoping to paint within the next year, most likely next spring sometime. Following this thread with interest!! Attaching here a Nightmist blue Mustang with Wimbledon stripes that looks gorgeously menacing.
Cheers,
Jake View attachment 365007 View attachment 365007
That's a bad a$$ looking stang. Any pics in the sunlight?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That mustang picture is off of Ken Pike’s Facebook page. He sent me there to peruse paint colors. He may have some pictures in the light but that’s the only one that I have. A google search will bring up some other Nightmist blue cars in different lighting situations.
When are you planning to paint?
Let us know what you decide to go with!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That mustang picture is off of Ken Pike’s Facebook page. He sent me there to peruse paint colors. He may have some pictures in the light but that’s the only one that I have. A google search will bring up some other Nightmist blue cars in different lighting situations.
When are you planning to paint?
Let us know what you decide to go with!
Do you happen to have a link to his shop page? I only found his personal page that doesn't have many pics of cars

·
Junior Charter Member
97 Posts
I used Delton dbc dark shadow metallic blue on a mustang and it's a great metallic color. I will try to get a number for you but can't read the can. Looks like indigo ink but it's an old ford color.

·
Premium Member
427 S/C, Alum Side-Oiler, TKO600, IRS, Pin Drive
63 Posts
I painted mine Patriot Blue PB7 with ghost stripes. Looks very different inside or out
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car

21 - 29 of 29 Posts