Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to think of my final paint color and despite seeing a number of great color combos, I'm still drawn to a dark metallic blue with white stripe.
Lexus Indigo ink is a very common color out there, and for a great reason. Nice deep blue color that pops in the sun.
For some reason, I think it'd be nice to keep with a Ford color code. I know, it's a replica and who cares which color you pick, right?
I've come across a few colors that I really like and wondering if anyone has painted their cobra with these

Blue Jeans
Kona (a bit too purple in some lights, IMO)
Antimatter Blue
Nightmist
Caspian

Alternatively, I really like Audi's Navarra blue.
At the end of the day, Indigo might be the winner, but just wondering if anyone has found a similar/better Ford color.

·
Not a waxer
12,060 Posts
I’ll be spraying antimatter on one in the next week or so. I’ve shot a couple samples of it and sent them out but can do another and send to you if you like. If you haven’t seen it in person I will tell you that in anything other than bright sun it’s nearly black.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll be spraying antimatter on one in the next week or so. I’ve shot a couple samples of it and sent them out but can do another and send to you if you like. If you haven’t seen it in person I will tell you that in anything other than bright sun it’s nearly black.
Much appreciated Jeff, as always.
I'll text you my mailing address

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Junior Charter Member
508 Posts
This is a Ford color on mine. Bright Atlantic Blue I will get the code when I get home. Currently in Deadwood SD for Sturgis Mustang Rally.

Lee
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also a great color, but looking for something in the navy category.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I just dug through all of this last week and I'm like you, classic blue and white. I think I have "officially" decided to do Superformance Royal Blue with Wimbledon White stripes. The trick now is getting the color code for the blue, it's not listed on their site, from what I could find. Might not be dark enough for you, though.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's a great color, but yea, thinking a bit darker than royal.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found another great dark blue audi color...Mugello blue pearl.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
One of the cobra guys on the forum. Chrysler Patriot Blue
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Ac cobra

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
you called it....Indigo Ink with GM Arctic White stripes. the car in front of mine in the first pic was also Indigo Ink, but has silver stripes.

Reactions: egchewy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Egchewy,
It sounds like you and I are in the same color ballpark. I’ve been looking at some of those same color combos for my Mk4. Hadn’t heard of Antimatter blue but adding it to my list of possible colors, thanks! I’m hoping to paint within the next year, most likely next spring sometime. Following this thread with interest!! Attaching here a Nightmist blue Mustang with Wimbledon stripes that looks gorgeously menacing.
Cheers,
Jake

·
Registered
731 Posts
Lots of great blue colors on this thread. Tough choice, but FFR look good in most every color. I got lucky and saw a picture of a racing green one and never looked at another color. When you see the right color, you will know it. You have done a great job on your build!

Reactions: egchewy

·
Registered
704 Posts
Starting to think of my final paint color and despite seeing a number of great color combos, I'm still drawn to a dark metallic blue with white stripe.
Lexus Indigo ink is a very common color out there, and for a great reason. Nice deep blue color that pops in the sun.
For some reason, I think it'd be nice to keep with a Ford color code. I know, it's a replica and who cares which color you pick, right?
I've come across a few colors that I really like and wondering if anyone has painted their cobra with these

Blue Jeans
Kona (a bit too purple in some lights, IMO)
Antimatter Blue
Nightmist
Caspian

Alternatively, I really like Audi's Navarra blue.
At the end of the day, Indigo might be the winner, but just wondering if anyone has found a similar/better Ford color.
We painted our first car Indigo ink pearl, second car Ford deep impact blue
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

, second car Ford deep impact blue
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Egchewy,
It sounds like you and I are in the same color ballpark. I’ve been looking at some of those same color combos for my Mk4. Hadn’t heard of Antimatter blue but adding it to my list of possible colors, thanks! I’m hoping to paint within the next year, most likely next spring sometime. Following this thread with interest!! Attaching here a Nightmist blue Mustang with Wimbledon stripes that looks gorgeously menacing.
Cheers,
Jake View attachment 365007 View attachment 365007
I don't care for blue cobra's much, but thats is a good looking Mustang

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
loving both indigo and nightmist.
keep the coming!!!
for the painters out there, what's the difference between wimbledon and arctic white? Looks white to me...

·
Not a waxer
12,060 Posts
Wimbledon is a creamier slightly off white while Arctic is a bright white. Warm vs. cool. The stark contrast of Arctic can sometimes be a bit overpowering with some colors. My unsolicited opinion is that given your interior color (which I really like) I wouldn’t do stripes at all...but that wasn’t your question ;)

Jeff

1 - 20 of 29 Posts