Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I burned the crap out of my leg the other day and have now ordered shields for my pipes. Meantime, I want to find a sticker that I can mount on the inside of my doors that would attract someone's eyes to it that says something to the effect of "Danger, hot pipes" with a side pipe picture in a cool color. Nothing exactly right on line. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don: Is there a number I can reachy you at?

Jon

·
Junior Charter Member
898 Posts
cobranut1

Ever heard of "The Pipes Are Hot.com"? He's a vendor here on the forum that makes slip on covers for our sidepipes with the same wording on them.

Check it out.

JT

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Hi Don,

I'd be interested in something similar but not a sticker. I'm thinking a nice brushed alum plate with the info like Jon stated.

Mike M.

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
I find if people exit the car correctly, they will not hit the hot pipe.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Originally posted by Jim F.:
I find if people exit the car correctly, they will not hit the hot pipe.
Showed a guy how the other day "how". Told him 5 times, demostated 3 times. He still got burnt.. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
OK, for me as a novice new owner, how do you get out without getting snake bit?

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jim F.

It's not about exiting the car correctly, it's about REMEMBERING to exit the car correctly!

Don:

I like your idea about a nice plate. I spoke with Barbara, Bud Keil's wife - they're the ones that make the "pipes are hot" stuff. They have a sticker but it's too long. like 10 inches. Something like 1 x 4 inches would work for me as long as it was in some sort of "eye catching" color scheme.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Originally posted by five'njohn:
OK, for me as a novice new owner, how do you get out without getting snake bit?
VERY CAREFULLY. Pete :D

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
best for me is left foot out the door, as far as I can reach. right hand on the trans tunnel, leaving right foot in the car. swing butt out pushing up with right hand. then pull right foot out.

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
cobranut1, Maybe your seats go back farther than mine, but I cannot swing my legs out first. No room. I have to stand up first, then step out. As for passengers, they will do it their own way no matter how much I learn them.

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
I stand up first, left foot planted, right foot out on ground beyond hot pipe followed by left.

·
Veni, Vidi, V8
536 Posts

$1.00 EACH plus shipping.

PM me, if interested, and I'll give you the seller's webpage.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Thanks, Pete

Dave, even need one on the driver side too?? I'm interested. PM sent.

John

·
Veni, Vidi, V8
536 Posts
John, like cobranut1 said, "It's not about exiting the car correctly, it's about REMEMBERING to exit the car correctly!" I sent you a reply.

·
Junior Charter Member
831 Posts
Just do like my mother did one time and slide down the trunk with metal tabs on her shorts to avoid the pipes!?! :eek: Hasn't been asked to take a ride since!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I get out of my car like convincor. The older I get, however, the harder it is for me to fold my left leg up to swing it out first.

Good luck to everone using a sticker to remind themselves (or others) that the pipes are hot. I don't even remember to read all of the yellow airbag stickers in my car. :rolleyes:

Bud K

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Calicoco - OUCH :( :mad:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts