Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here using a Dakota Digital CRS3000 cruise control with a T5?

I hooked they grey VSS wire to the signal wire to the speedo, but I'm wondering what the pulses per mile is with the T5 sender.

Thanks for any help.
BLES

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I've read that the pulses are not compatible which will in turn will cause surging. I have not got mine running yet, but I mounted the coil to the chassis with the 4 magnets mounted to the drive shaft. I abrated the driveshaft and both epoxyed and zip tied them to the driveshaft.

George

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,576 Posts
I use a CRS1000 which is vacuum operated. Yours is electronic. The VSS pulses don't matter with either version but the sender does as you know. The T5 pulse rate is 8,000ppm. On my TKO they are 12,000ppm which won't work with a CRS1000 so I still use my 88-92 VSS for my signal. As long as the speedo wire comes directly from the VSS you can connect the two together there. Be sure you have a good ground on the VSS as well.

The surging is a dip switch setting and can be trial and error to find what suits your driving. I've had mine for 14yrs and love it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use a CRS1000 which is vacuum operated. Yours is electronic. The VSS pulses don't matter with either version but the sender does as you know. The T5 pulse rate is 8,000ppm. On my TKO they are 12,000ppm which won't work with a CRS1000 so I still use my 88-92 VSS for my signal. As long as the speedo wire comes directly from the VSS you can connect the two together there. Be sure you have a good ground on the VSS as well.

The surging is a dip switch setting and can be trial and error to find what suits your driving. I've had mine for 14yrs and love it.
Thanks. I'm going to set it for 8,000 and try it. It's occurred to me that I could also maybe rotate the tire and count the pulses of the LED. A bit of math with tire diameter should also tell me ppm, too.?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts