Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum rockers.

Discussion today with an expert and basically discovered: Crane Gold, COMP Ultra Gold or Pro Magnum were recommended for TFS TW heads. Steel for long-term street use. 'Specific" rockers not necessary. Harland Sharp not required. These heads have valve canter of 13* and 17*, not as bad as 23* seen in some TW heads. Just be sure to measure I/E pushrods for the necessary geometry. Try to keep stem sweep pattern to <.080. A bit of overkill for 350# open pressure but needed longevity and I got these for same price and weight as Ultra Gold.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
What's going on with posts from mefarri?
I've seen like a dozen post today like, "nice job", "good work", etc.
They're also all over the boards (ie: roadster, builds, GTM, 33, etc)

just trying to increase post count or what?
This post count crap is cluttering up the sight with useless traffic.

·
Registered
523 Posts
What's going on with posts from mefarri?
I've seen like a dozen post today like, "nice job", "good work", etc.
They're also all over the boards (ie: roadster, builds, GTM, 33, etc)

just trying to increase post count or what?
This post count crap is cluttering up the sight with useless traffic.
His first post says he only registered to sell a wiring harness. So, yeah his spamming.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
OK quick update for my records.

Got another '65 289 block sterilized, smoothed and de-burred, chamfered the galley oil drains, and prepped for the machinist with a laundry list including tapping the oil galleys, honing the lifter holes, line honing, overbore to .020, rA specs for the deck finish, King Hp cam bearings, etc.

Smoothed the 1M crank and will go 10/10 undersize. Including a TW damper, and billet flywheel for balancing. Also radius, not chamfer rod journal oil holes. Using oil squirters and will have to drill the King HP bearings.

Still using the 3.00 dome KB hyper pistons. Polished for risers. With 9333PT1 gasket, it measured out to be 10.5 static compression and 8.5 dynamic. Upper end of where I want to go.

Discovered upper half of the TW 170s would have little way for air to escape cooling passage along the upper half and the fuel/air charge gets heated, so I drilled holes into the head at 12 noon where the OEM deck holes and gasket holes already are. Measured twice. Drilled 8 times very carefully. Matches up perfectly.

Also dropped in a Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter for a T56 03-04 Cobra to the T5z. After discovering what missed 3rd shift does to 3rd gear, it catches it nicely to lessen the frequency of missing 3rd gear

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Finally! Got my King Bearings in after a month backorder.
King CR804HPN0010 Rod Bearings with squirt holes thank gooodness.
King CS514HP Mains.

HP due to bilayer aluminum and silicon use for nodular iron cranks and moderate power application.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Block and rotating assembly is off to Precision Machine in Canton. Usual machining being done: Clean, magnaflux, boring .020 over, fit each lifter, crank to -.010/.010 under, index, balance with king cobra clutch and TFS balancer, chamfer rod journal oil ports. Fit pistons to cylinders, tap galley plugs, line hone mains, install cam bearings. The usual... We'll see how long it'll take.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts