1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
GTM Fanatic
1,560 Posts
First of all: your second link is the same as the first.

Btw i saw this video 2 weeks ago and i loved it so much i am actually building one now!!! i first bought a regular aerobatic plane kit to see how these things work, now that i have crashed it so many times it would be too heavy to fly if i glue it together, i am making this thing out of foam core sheet. Mine is kinda on the heavy side since i am using 5mm foam core sandwitched with paper on both sides total weight without electronics is 8.1oz i wonder if it will weigh much more than 12oz when im done.

These things are awesome! Im putting CF strips on the bottom of the skids so i can skid it on my street and this will land on the grass field much better than that plane i had, the wheels would dig in to the grass and the plane would go end over end.. it wasnt very good for the plane let me tell you!

If any of you want to get into this, keep in mind that you will need to spend the following amount of money:

radio with sub micro servos : $160
lipo battary 2-3 cell : $40-50
brushless motor: $30-40
brushless ESC: $40-60
foam core $5
glue $15 ( i used ALOT! )
carbon rods: $10
control horns $2
paint $3-5
hobby knife blades $2
scotch tape $2

I think thats all

also check out this link for PDF plans on how to build it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380781

·
Senior Charter Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly the link I wanted to put in my initial post. Thanks en enjoy the build and the driving, eh flying en, whatever!... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts