Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the old school high performance 351W heads from the 70's.

SOLD

[ July 18, 2005, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Wurf ]

·
Senior Charter Member
242 Posts
Cleaned up a bit? Rust and old paint removal or some work with a die grinder?
Do they come with the valve train or are they bare?
Do you know the year of the engine they came off of?
Have they had seats installed? Or machine work thet may have removed the (?) factory hardened material?

Shipping to 99011?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they've been blasted, but that's it.
They are bare and will need valve train parts.

No porting work - they are untouched.
Don't know exactly what year the car was that they were removed from. I recall it was a Torino but I don't know the exact year. D0OE is a 1970 casting.

They do not have hardened seats.

They weigh around 50lbs each and would need to be packaged up pretty well for a trip to Spokane.

·
Senior Charter Member
242 Posts
Really looking for a set of complete heads so there is a "tear down" step for the benefit of the 13 year old assistant...but if these don't sell and start collecting dust let me know they would go well on my Bronco.

I thought D0OE where used on 69-74?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are presently collecting dust quite well and would make very good power on a Bronco motor.

As for the year of motor, the D0 for Ford part numbers represents 1970 engineering part. The D is the decade and the zero is the year. E7TE heads are 1987 for example, even though you would find them on an 87 to 93 Mustang.

These particular heads came off a 1970 to 1971 motor. I didn't personaly remove them from the car, a buddy of mine did it.

It really doesn't matter since the late 69 heads were basically the same anyway, and were also very good castings for a low buck performance motor.

Also from my High Performance Ford parts interchange book:

"The 351W head enjoys a performance advantage over it's predecessors due to it's larger ports and bigger valves. It makes power thanks to these features. The best performing 351W heads were produced from 1969-1976. This means you need to be looking for C9OE-B, C9OE-D, D0OE-C, D0OE-G, D0OZ-C, or the D5TE-EB truck head. All these numbers employed the same 60.4cc chamber and 1.84 / 1.54 valves."

These heads can be made to flow around 200cfm on the intake with proper porting work. Possibly more if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Warf, I'm off work the rest of this week.If we could hookup on this deal this week it would make it alot easer. Roger

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
rlogan , how much are you wanting for you heads?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Thanks for the deal on the heads Steve. you have a very nice car. I hope mine turns out as nice.Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts