Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased an Aviaid oil pan and OF COURSE have the wrong style oil pump. The pan and pickup supplied require a "D Series" oil pump, so I have to buy a new one.

This might be a dumb question, but could someone tell me if this is a D-Series oil pump?

FMS-M-6600-A460

(I understand the above is made by Melling, and is actually a M84DHV... only $10 cheaper)

If that is NOT a "D Series" oil pump, could you please recommend one?

PS - I'll have a Melling M84BHV for sale soon... barely used. :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up calling Ford Racing "hotline" and asking. They were very VERY helpful. That oil pump is indeed a "D Series" oil pump. It is used with rear sump oil pans on these series 385 motors. Specifically recommended for the Aviaid oil pan.

He also gave me some good advice on tuning, exhaust and pushrods! Suggested that I look into Smith Brother's pushrods when ready.

index

Suggested than when I order them, tell them I have a high volume oil pump, as they make a restriction in the pushrods to help with "over oiling" the top part of the engine. I'm going to look into this, and thought I would pass it along.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.