Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and business partner is affected by this 'abnormality'. His daughter was born with it, much like David and Denise...

I have shown him almost from day one with my interest in the FFR Kits about how David was doing his bit for CF...

My best friend Andrew thought that this may be an appropriate place to post this message.

If you can, great, if not, c'est la vie...

FWIW

Dear Friends,

As many of you are aware our 2 year old daughter Sophie was born with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). CF is one of the most common hereditary terminal diseases. As little as ten years ago babies born with CF were lucky to make it to the age of ten. Today the outlook is more promising but much more research still needs to be done in order to find a life-saving cure.

At the end of August my dare-devil sister Elaine is teaming up with hundreds of volunteers from across the UK to participate in a sponsored parachute jump. All funds raised will go directly to the CF Trust who uses the money both for research in to a cure and to improve current medication for sufferers. It is anticipated that this event will go into the Guinness Book of World Records (see attached leaflet). Many of Sophie’s team of doctors from Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital (GOSH) will also be taking part.

There is a minimum sponsorship in order to participate so we are asking for your help with a donation for Elaine to raise money for this charity. The “Jumps” will be taking place at Hinton Airfield in Northamptonshire, England on the last weekend in August. Providing all goes to plan we shall be able to email you digital photos of the event!

If you would like to make a small donation towards Elaine’s jump please contact either of us at the numbers below. If you would like to learn more about CF and the CF Trust please visit their website at www.cftrust.org.uk .

Thank you for your time!

Andrew & Yvonne Pike
Home: (242) 324 3953
Away: (242) 457 0343 / (242) 356 4002 ext. 107
email: [email protected]
Whatever we can do would be GREAT!!

Cheers!!

Neill

[ August 18, 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: BatMobile ]

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW...

FWIW

A funny and a sad thing...I am also her godfather. It was humourous in that I am responsible for her 'moral upbringing'....LMAO...ROTFL....

But, the downside is that I will most likely outlive her.

:(

Neill

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 67Cobra:
Can they take Paypal?

I'll ask Yvonne (Sophie's mom) and let you know.

Neill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.