Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this has been covered before,but I can't find it. I've been unable to find new band clamps for my t'bird cv boots.....what are you guys using?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Autozone has some that work great and they cost about $2.50 a set.

·
Junior Charter Member
235 Posts
The boot clamps that came with my kit did not fit. I bought universal cv clamps and an installation tool from Napa. They where reasonable and worked weill.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got'em at Autozone....they didn't know that they had the tool, but finally found it. They treated it as a loaner.....I can keep it for $10, or take it back.
The large end clamps went on fine, but the band wasn't long enough to use the tool for the clamps around the axle shafts. May just use a hose clamp there. I couldn't pull it tight enough with pliers and just two hands!

Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
I used simple hose clamps at the big and small end. Seems to work just fine.

·
Slowest Builder in NY
455 Posts

·
ASE Tech & Shop Teacher
1,936 Posts
Lots of parts stores can get them, but don't know where to look for them.

Open the back of a Precision U-joint/CV joint catalog. You'll find them in various sizes/diameters. Some places will make you buy the box of ten, so shop around if they lay that on you.

You need to know what was on there, so save your old ones. They are usually marked like 26.5 or somehing like that. That would translate to 26.5 milimeters in diameter.

Regular hose clamps will work in a pinch, but the right ones ARE available at reasonable prices, so why take the chance. Just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts