Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,357 Posts
This biggest pill to swallow was the scrapping of the Fast EZ EFI. After many hours on the phone with the techs from Fast and countless dollars spent on the dyno beating this thing to death. We all decided to just try a carb since we had tried everything else. Holy sweet running coupe Bat Man. even though the carb is a little small it ran incredible compared to before. It now pulls 5th gear, runs and idles smooth, And mileage is up 40%.
who says old school is bad.

Dyno time soon to come but the butt dyno says we are way up. so I am hoping for 30- 40 hp at the wheel
well that's all for now.
later
mark D

Mark I am surprised that there was a problem with the EZ EFI..Most people rave about the system..What was the specific problem for you guys that it could not work..I have my finger on the trigger to get one of these system BUT I just read this..;(

·
Junior Charter Member
2,087 Posts
Mark I am surprised that there was a problem with the EZ EFI..Most people rave about the system..What was the specific problem for you guys that it could not work..I have my finger on the trigger to get one of these system BUT I just read this..;(
We had a ex-Emod champion with an amazing tube chassis corvette switch to the FAST EFI and spent a whole season messing with it. His car would hardly run and he eventually stopped racing all together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just thought I would let you guys know that Summit have the Thrush 24239 mufflers on for $37.50 each! I just purchased my first coupe parts, I'm committed now!

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Nice set up: Actually calculations show this combo flows a bit better then the Raptor Racing pipes I just installed since each muffler deals with 2 cylinders. This retains the stock look which I liked a lot. Wish I'd seen this as an option before I ordered mine and known they were available from Mark ready to install. Definitely worth consideration.
CB

·
2,930 Posts
Hi guys
sorry for no responce. I have been on the road for a week, testing the 818 and maintaining some challange cars at midohio.

As for the Fast EZ we have worked on and off on it for the last year. We worked with the techs at comp cams and came up with nothing. The system was very inconsistant. it would fire right up but then go rich sometimes, stall others. the milage was very poor. lastly we called upon wayne Prestly and made some improvements. ( thankyou wayne for the help sorry we gave in). In the end we did not want to tune any longer. Chris just wanted to drive and start open tracking at NJMSP. We switched to a carb tuned by Woodruff carbs out of OH and could not be happier. now 2 track weekends later We are tuning suspension and brakes.

just p/m me any needs you have, and however I can help you

·
Junior Charter Member
725 Posts
I like what I see.
Roy

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Can we get some pics of the underhood area where the reducers went onto the headers? I am about to start my sidepipes and was wanting to see how they fit cause my drivers side header pipes are really close together.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Sorry, no photos.

I had to go to my friendly muffler shop and expand the muffler pipes PLUS I had to use wood wedges to spread the header pipes on one side and clamps on the other side to pull them in. Not as much fun as pop riveting a piece of sheet metal.

Oh yea, I had to shorten the passenger side header about a 1/2" to get it to tuck in nice and parallel to the body.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts