Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s a been a bit quiet around here. I figured I’d check in and see how the CT group is doing. Hopefully everyone is staying safe and healthy. I look forward to cruising someday after this virus is behind us.

-Jared

·
Senior Charter Member
1,797 Posts
Jared, Alls well on the western side so far. Haven't heard of any one thats sick which is good. I've had my roadster out for an hour solo ride here and there on some of the nicer days. Feels good to get out in the fresh air.
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Hanging in there. Worked from home a couple months but now back to the office dressed like bandits. Thinking maybe we can make a Vanilla Bean run for curbside pick up one of these days.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hanging in there. Worked from home a couple months but now back to the office dressed like bandits. Thinking maybe we can make a Vanilla Bean run for curbside pick up one of these days.
Good to hear that you are doing well. A Vanilla Bean run sounds like fun. On Saturday Evenings I use the cobra to pick up pizza for my parents 😀. It’s a fun car for curb side pickup. Interior space is a bit limited for carrying food when you have a passenger lol.

I came across a fellow CT factory five parked in Stafford yesterday. I didn’t get to say hi to the owner unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jared, Alls well on the western side so far. Haven't heard of any one thats sick which is good. I've had my roadster out for an hour solo ride here and there on some of the nicer days. Feels good to get out in the fresh air.
Dave
Great to hear! Stay safe and healthy 😀.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
HI Jared,
Its been a while, my MK2 is still going strong, miss those open house runs with all the CT guys

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Hey Jared, I recognize Basil's. We took a drive last weekend to Bigelow Hollow but just drove by as the park was overfilled with folks. Good excuse for a ride though.

I am thinking we look at a Vanilla Bean run soon and locate a spot in the area for having our take-out lunches there. We'll watch the next few weeks' weather outlooks.

·
1,744 Posts
I'm a little late to the party, sorry. I'm in for a get together at some time. Unfortunately the Little Toy Car is currently down. I took a friend for a ride last night and after dropping him off at his house I went o start it back up and poof, no fuel pressure. It has 6.5 volts to the pump but no spinny. I put 12 volts directly to it and it spins but sounds like it's working hard but it was enough to get it back home. Oh well, another parts order.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear everyone is doing well overall. Sorry to hear about the gremlins Rich. It can happen occasionally with these cars. Steve, the picture is from Basils in Stafford. I tried to see if I could get the owners attention via revving my motor since all the seating was outside. No luck though :).

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Hi everybody! New to the scene and just bought my FFR Mk4 kit for an 11/21 delivery. I cannot wait to start building this baby! I was hoping that some fellow builders may be able to help me solidify my wheels and seat choices.

Anybody in the CT area that may let me look at/sit in/drive their Cobra in the very near future? I'm in a bit of a pickle right now. It was strongly suggested by FFR that going with the 15" wheels causes serious unpredictability in cornering performance due to the high sidewalls, but I so long the look of the 15" wheels more than the 17" and wanted to see fro myself if there is a difference. I also chose the standard vinyl seats, but was hoping I could sit in a couple of different seats, or at least the standard vinyl, to see if it's really even that comfortable.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Well that’s a bummer, but it’s ok. The 17s also look pretty damn good. I’m located in West Hartford. You or anyone else around?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Very nice. Well I’d like to meet up with you guys at some point, if possible

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,750 Posts
We should get a group run this fall, haven’t done one in years! After ~20 years, we should have a good cross-section of new and older builds.

Mine is finally running trouble free, less a minor oil leak. I chased puking issues on and off for a few years, ultimately was the wrong head gaskets causing the problem.

Let me know!!

·
1,744 Posts
I'm a little late to the party, sorry. I'm in for a get together at some time. Unfortunately the Little Toy Car is currently down. I took a friend for a ride last night and after dropping him off at his house I went o start it back up and poof, no fuel pressure. It has 6.5 volts to the pump but no spinny. I put 12 volts directly to it and it spins but sounds like it's working hard but it was enough to get it back home. Oh well, another parts order.
I found the issue with the pump. It was a blown fuse. For some reason it was a 5 amp and should have been a 20 amp. I don't recall ever having to change it during the build but it lasted 12 years. Go figure :confused:

·
1,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
We are maybe due for a late season Vanilla Bean brunch one of these days soon.

Reactions: thwrightstuff
1 - 20 of 31 Posts