Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick question, I hope. Since I had to take off the switch and bracket for the cruise control cancel from my donor 93 pedal box because of interference with my Russ Thompson gas pedal, can I utilize the clutch saftey switch which I have but was not going to use for the same function? How does the cruise cancel switch work, does it just interupt a signal? I have the Audiovox aftermarket cruise system.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

·
7,889 Posts
You probably could with some modification. The clutch switch does not activate until the clutch pedal is depressed all the way. You may over rev your engine and burn your clutch until the switch trips. you may want to find a better way.

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike,

What about a generic plunger switch like one for a brake light?

·
Banned
496 Posts
Chris,

I modified the stock switch and mounted it in front of the clutch pedal arm to the 3/4" sq tubing. Had to re-mount the cruise control brake cutoff switch to the front of the foot box as well. I also had to take a ballpein hammer and make a small recess for clearance to the main clutch start switch in the top left alum panel.

Cruise control brake switch mounted to foot box front wall.

Cruise control clutch switch: bent stock bracket and used spacers behind it. Mounted to 3/4 sq tubing.

Randal

[ July 17, 2007, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: RandalW ]

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I have the same experience as Bobasaurus. Works very well and while there is a slight hesitation when engaged, other than that no problems. No clutch switch needed.

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone,

This is a huge help, as usual.

Chris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts