Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gordon:

I have a Moroso oil pan and pickup on the way for my 2nd Gen Coyote. The engine is a take out from a 2017 GT with very low mileage. Can the oil pan and windage tray gaskets be reused, or is replacing them the correct thing to do?
My headers should be back from ceramic coating soon. Is there a preferred product to use? I am a bit concerned about seizing of the bolts. Would the copper anti-seize be the correct product to use on the bolts for SS and nickel coated steel?

Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gordon:

I have a Moroso oil pan and pickup on the way for my 2nd Gen Coyote. The engine is a take out from a 2017 GT with very low mileage. Can the oil pan and windage tray gaskets be reused, or is replacing them the correct thing to do?
My headers should be back from ceramic coating soon. Is there a preferred product to use? I am a bit concerned about seizing of the bolts. Would the copper anti-seize be the correct product to use on the bolts for SS and nickel coated steel?

Thanks, Alan
1. buy new gaskets, you'll be better off that route.

2. also, wrap them with header wrap before you install, keeps some heat out.

3. I used a touch of anti seize on mine.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. buy new gaskets, you'll be better off that route.

2. also, wrap them with header wrap before you install, keeps some heat out.

3. I used a touch of anti seize on mine.
Thanks for your input. For about $16, new pan gasket made sense, why risk it? I decided to buy the copper anti-seize as the temp range is up to 1800 degrees rather than 1600 degrees for the aluminum based product.
Regarding header wrap, not a fan and would be a PITA to put on my Coyote headers. I am having the headers ceramic coated both inside and out. We will see how good the coating is in holding the heat in and out the exhaust.
I am still a bit confused on the header bolts supplied. While they are marked ARP with the correct thread pitch, ARP does not have a listed product for the Coyote. The manufacturing finish quality looks good, does not appear to be a cheap knockoff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for your input. For about $16, new pan gasket made sense, why risk it? I decided to buy the copper anti-seize as the temp range is up to 1800 degrees rather than 1600 degrees for the aluminum based product.
Regarding header wrap, not a fan and would be a PITA to put on my Coyote headers. I am having the headers ceramic coated both inside and out. We will see how good the coating is in holding the heat in and out the exhaust.
I am still a bit confused on the header bolts supplied. While they are marked ARP with the correct thread pitch, ARP does not have a listed product for the Coyote. The manufacturing finish quality looks good, does not appear to be a cheap knockoff.
I had my headers ceramic coated also still too hot for me. As for header wrap it was a PIA to wrap while motor was in the car, easier to do before than after. The header bolts i used these from summit.
Stage 8 Locking Fasteners 8914 - Stage 8 Locking Header Fastener Kits.
use a tap to clean out the block threads for the headers and thread tap to clean the bolts before install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts