Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys/gals who built with a Coyote power plant, did you purchase the install kit through FFR? The kit costs $525 on their website. What was in the kit, and would you recommended purchasing then kit? I'm looking at purchasing a complete kit, so no donor car.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I bought the installation kit with my Gen 3 Coupe build a couple years ago. It's a 1-1/2 page list of parts. Some minor, e.g. various nuts, bolts, terminals, clamps, etc. Some more important, like the engine mounts spacers (pretty much mandatory), PCM mount, fuse box (PDB) mount, clutch switch mount, accelerator pedal mount, heater bypass components, vacuum fittings, etc. Hopefully it's been updated for the Gen 3 Coyote because that's what's available now and some of the pieces I received (e.g. the PCM mount) didn't work for my Gen 3 Coyote. You'll use a lot of it. But if you go off script, not every piece. I do think the price is a bit high for what it is. But would probably recommend it unless you're ready to fabricate some it yourself.

·
First Time Builder
330 Posts
I purchased the Coyote install kit as well. I would hold off on buying any engine parts until you receive the Coyote install kit, Gauge set, and the Coyote Control Pack, as I ended up duplicating several parts such as the mass air flow sensor, oil filter nipple, etc., by thinking too far ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts