Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wrestling with fitting the Coyote gas pedal and trying to get it installed on the mount immediately next to the streering shaft. I read about others' mount mods but am trying to use the mount provided by FFR.

In order to get the pedal to fit and clear the steering shaft, I had to do a little more trimming of a pedal assembly than what is in the instructions. My concern is that I cut a little too much, as a red section of the pedal assembly is now showing as viewed in the photographs.

I don't think this is any type of wire or electrical linkage, but the red section, which almost looks like wire insulation, makes me nervous. Does anyone have an opinion and/or can anyone confirm if I cut too deep into the assembly?

Thanks!

-George

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
I’ve never opened on of these up to see how they work. If no one knows I guess you’ll find out when you turn the engine over whether the throttle works or not.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I don't know. That's looks like a little too deep to me. Don't have any frame of reference for saying so, but would be concerning IMO. Especially considering how important that piece is. It's possible to install without cutting that deep. This is the one I modified for my Mk4/Coyote build. Worst case, they're not particularly expensive: Pedal CR3Z-9F836-E | TascaParts.com.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Work the pedal and see if anything moves. If not, put a tape patch over the hole and cover with RTV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pedal’s movement is unobstructed and I covered the opening. We will see how it goes... Thanks for the input, everyone!

·
First Time Builder
336 Posts
I had to take some of the ear off, but I also moved the mount plate up about a 1/2”, because not only did it interfere with the steering shaft, but the body cross-piece right below the gas pedal. It really was right, but it did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8,353 Posts
I don't know. That's looks like a little too deep to me. Don't have any frame of reference for saying so, but would be concerning IMO. Especially considering how important that piece is. It's possible to install without cutting that deep. This is the one I modified for my Mk4/Coyote build. Worst case, they're not particularly expensive: Pedal CR3Z-9F836-E | TascaParts.com.

Edward, Hi! A quick one...Tire pressures, front and back?

·
8,353 Posts
I've been wrestling with fitting the Coyote gas pedal and trying to get it installed on the mount immediately next to the streering shaft. I read about others' mount mods but am trying to use the mount provided by FFR.

In order to get the pedal to fit and clear the steering shaft, I had to do a little more trimming of a pedal assembly than what is in the instructions. My concern is that I cut a little too much, as a red section of the pedal assembly is now showing as viewed in the photographs.

I don't think this is any type of wire or electrical linkage, but the red section, which almost looks like wire insulation, makes me nervous. Does anyone have an opinion and/or can anyone confirm if I cut too deep into the assembly?

Thanks!

-George
Lokar makes a Coyote Drive-by-Wire set-up. Expensive, but easier.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Edward, Hi! A quick one...Tire pressures, front and back?
For my street driving, I set them at 22 PSI front, 24 PSI rear, cold. Some will go a bit softer, including when tracking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts