Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help installing coyote pedal in Gen 3 coupe wire plug hitting steering shaft. what did you guys do to fix it? Will update with pics tomorrow if needed.

Thanks Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
from what I see is some used a fabricated pice of metal. see the below link.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
That link and description is from my 20th Anniversary Roadster build. The Gen 3 Coupe is a different layout and takes some juggling to avoid the steering column as the OP said. Here's the text and pictures from my Coupe build thread that talks about what I did.

...decided I wanted to get the DBW pedal assembly mounted so that wire could be routed as needed. I mentioned before that the Gen 3 Coupe has a nice mounting plate with holes already drilled for the Coyote DBW assembly. But unfortunately, too high and aligns the plug receptacle directly underneath the steering column. That just isn’t going to work. On the Roadster, the DBW assembly ends up further to the right and clears the column pretty easily. But the Coupe steering column is apparently in a different location, plus the footbox sidewall is much closer up there (more room for the engine, that’s good) so the DBW has to be either really low or moved to the left. Not wanting the pedal too low or the pedal arm cut too short, I chose to orient it so the plug was accessible on the LH side of the steering column. I used the DBW mounting plate included with the Coyote installation kit and modified it to sandwich on top of the installed mounting plate and orient the pedal where it needed to be. I put some 1/4-inch nutserts in the mounting plate so I didn’t have to fish washers and nuts behind there to take the DBW in and out. (Love working down deep in footboxes…) Also made a little bracket assembly, which I won’t try to explain, to anchor the other side of the DBW module to make it a little more solid. On the Roadster, the RH side of the module ends up tight against a frame rail. Not so on the Coupe. I used some ideas posted by another forum member (thanks shark92651!) for the pedal modification and used the stock pedal rather than grafting the pedal from the FF assembly like in the instructions and what I did on #8674. Happy with how it turned out. These pics show the final pedal arrangement. Not exactly the best angle on the pic. The pedal is almost exactly centered between the brake pedal and the side wall. Looks closer to the brake pedal in this pic than it really is. Also a better view of where the harness plug ended up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts