Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone!
I am working on putting all of the accessories onto my Coyote coupe, and it looks like the Coyote AC compressor in its current configuration will not clear the Mike Forte headers I have (BBK Headers installed backwards). I contemplated installing a spacer under the header, but as you can see from the pictures; using four 7/8 inch lug nuts as temporary spacers does not afford sufficient clearance from the heads to the compressor. Therefore; my question to the universe is; How can I have AC and a still fit my Coyote? Mike is equally out of ideas. Am I the first person to attempt this? Thanks in advance.
-Brandon

Attachments

·
1,485 Posts
I am planning on using the stainless headers coyote long tubes for my coupe.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,087 Posts
I could not use those type of headers for just that reason. I have a LS1 in my Coupe so it is a little different, but the LS also has the A/C compressor in the same place. I used block huggers and modified the passenger side header. I thought this might give you some ideas to try.

The other option I thought of was to cut the header at the flange and weld in some extensions to get the spacing you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts