Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the motorcraft vc3b has been replaced with vc13g. Anyone used the new stuff. I just need to top off my coolant system. Ford service says it is good to go, no flush or anything, just add and go...

Just curious if anyone has any experience?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Verified today at local ford service department foreman. The “new” yellow is completely compatible with the “old” orange. They are completely interchangeable. But, the old “yellow” is not.

VC-13G is the new yellow that works with the orange (VC3B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
17,858 Posts
If you're just topping off the system, add water. You really only need about 20-25% antifreeze. I wouldn't waste the money on a new bottle of anti-freeze.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
I agree with what Bob say's, but also why would buy "Ford" antifreeze and pay twice what you'd pay at an auto parts store or even Wally World. Any good brand of 'orange' meets Fords requirements.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bob. That’s what I initially did, but ended up needing to replace a fitting that required draining over a gallon out. So needed to add some coolant.

Thanks for the responses. There are plenty of discussions about the orange ford coolant and it’s incompatibility with other oranges and dexcool, so don’t want to get into that. Just figured some might want to know that the new Motocraft yellow is now the orange.

Thanks
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts