Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help with a Gen 2 coyote Build. I have a 1968 F100 with a Gen 2 and the issue I have is my motor will not turn over or crank. I get power to the starter and it just clicks. I have dropped the starter, bench tested, and had the local Advanced Auto test as well and it is good. I have removed all ground and sanded each down to bare metal and reconnected. I also showing (12.4) at the ground of the fuse box. Any help would be beneficial. I did get it to start during initial setup. And that was with a power wire from ignition to starter. Tried to go back and wire during initial setup but it kept burning up HAAT B 10 Amp mini fuse. Wired up to its current setup and just get a click at the starter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What changed between the initial setup and now? If the starter is good, then it has to be a bad connection. Trace each component of the setup and check each one. My sense (at least from my experience) is that you'll say something like "I should have seen that..." when you find it. Something had to change and I bet that's where the problem is.

·
Premium Member
18,205 Posts
1. I did get it to start during initial setup. And that was with a power wire from ignition to starter.

2. Tried to go back and wire during initial setup but it kept burning up HAAT B 10 Amp mini fuse. Wired up to its current setup and just get a click at the starter.
1. There's nothing wrong with the starter or engine ground. If you get power to the starter and it's relay, it will work.

2. Here is where the problem is. If it's blowing a fuse, the circuit is either overloaded or there's a short. Double check all your connections in this circuit. Make sure all right wires go to all the right connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts