Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am looking at building a coyote engine (Gen 2 from ford racing) and using an 8 stack EFI system from Jim Inglese.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system Machine

Image from his website -- I won't be using angled stacks but you get the idea

I have never built an engine and I can't afford to make a mistake because his intakes aren't cheap. I am trying to understand what questions I should be asking and what issues I am likely to have mounting his 8 stack EFI intake on a coyote. My understanding is he uses a Holly ECU.

My understanding is that I will need to find a workaround for Positive Crankcase Ventilation. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do that and what other issues am I likely to encounter?.

I have heard anecdotally that support isn't great so I want to iron out any potential issues on the front end if possible. Perhaps the answer is use Innov8 Race Engines instead so if anyone has experience with them I'd appreciate hearing about their experience. I know some of you have tried

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,842 Posts
You can do stacks from Jim or Borla, I use Borla. You will need to use Holley Dominator or Terminator harness and ECU, AEM Infinity 7 or MoTeC. They can run real well. no real tricks.

·
Premium Member
18,219 Posts
The first issue is the camshafts. Individual runner systems don't have a common plenum to draw from, and buffer intake charge pulses. You need a wide LSA to prevent excessive reversion and the dreaded "Weber Cloud". 112* is minimum, and 114* is better. Since the Coyote has 4 cams and variable cam timing, I would think that you would want to lock the cams. Or program them to keep them in the sweet spot.

Some intake manifolds have a cast in vacuum manifold. I think Blue Thunder makes some like that. Or, you can add a vacuum manifold. The stable manifold vacuum is also helpful for tuning.

Speaking of tuning, you will need a synchronometer. Without it, you will never get it to run right.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,842 Posts
Coyote is a whole different breed. Off the bat the coyote is designed for EFI but it is the variable cam timing and things that are really important that the ECU also needs to run.

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you want more info on the InnoV8 setup, I have a thread that goes into some fair detail on setup and tuning. You can find it here. Jump to post #230 to about #261

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want more info on the InnoV8 setup, I have a thread that goes into some fair detail on setup and tuning. You can find it here. Jump to post #230 to about #261

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I'm supposed to talk to InnoV8 next week and I'm really digging what they offer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts