Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into building a 33 Hot Rod and would like to run the Coyote engine with the 6R80 six speed automatic transmission. FFR does not know anything about this configuration and suggested asking the forum. My question is - will it fit and what drive shaft is needed. Also what about programming the transmission? Are there any hidden problems with this combination?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am looking into building a 33 Hot Rod and would like to run the Coyote engine with the 6R80 six speed automatic transmission. FFR does not know anything about this configuration and suggested asking the forum. My question is - will it fit and what drive shaft is needed. Also what about programming the transmission? Are there any hidden problems with this combination?
Mike forte is the guy to ask for all your transmission needs that's where I got mine it is a TKO 500 I went with that trans because the 5th gear is perfect for the stock rear gear I used the 3.27 the 5th gear is 1 to 1 I was going to use the 3.55 gear I brought one and everything it's still sitting on the bench but its geared perfect this is what I used Spec aluminum fly wheel clutch pressure plate quick time bell housing forte hyd slave cylinder if you want to buy a kit with a 5.0 coyote I'll sell you mine it's all fitted all ready for paint and powder coat the colors you want

·
Registered
210 Posts
The June 2012 issue of HOT ROD MAgazine features a 71 Mustang with the Coyote/6R80. The article says that Sean Hyland ( Sean Hyland Motorsports) helped sort out the trans control issues.

·
Junior Charter Member
593 Posts
You can just use a standalone automatic transmission controller like the Baumann. Call those guys to discuss your setup. It's also not a big deal to get a custom driveshaft. The last one I had made wasn't even much of a premium over a Ford Racing driveshaft for the same Mustang application.

-Matthew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.