Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now in our second week of lock-down here in the UK.
(Although the pubs/bars have been closed a little longer.)

We are a few weeks behind the curve compared Italy and Spain.

But we are now just starting to see the steep rise in the daily death rate that these countries experienced.

So, I just wanted to wish you all good luck during these unprecedented times.

Let’s be careful out there.

Cheers, Paul. :)

PS
In a show of support for our medical professionals, many UK buildings have been lit up in blue.

This is Wembley Stadium, where NFL regular season games have been played, as seen from my house.
(Excuse the poor photo.)

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,705 Posts
Very cool. Best wishes to you, yours, and your country.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CraigS - Cheers.

Unfortunately, it looks like the death rate it NY state is about to overtake the whole of the UK.
(I have relatives near White Plains.)

So, I dread to think where the final USA total end up at.

Take care, Paul.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
I was actually supposed to take holiday in the UK next month (May) to celebrate my 50th birthday, 10 year anniversary of my first trip to the UK when I was 40. Funny how that math works out LOL

It doesn't look like I'm going anytime soon. The good news is I didn't book any plane tickets or hotels. The bad news is my girlfriend has set time off and can't switch it once everything is safe.

I was hoping to see Bellfast, see some of the Game of Thrones filming locations, and visit cities I missed last time: Manchester, Liverpool, and Dundee.

My company is up and running, most of our facility is outside and/or open air and we are all being careful. We are running staggered shifts, working from home when we can,etc. I'm thoroughly enjoying no traffic and the easy commute.

But I feel especially awful for small businesses and people that are struggling financially.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NiceGuyEddie - Sorry to hear your vacation plans have been canned.

A couple of my friends went to some of the Game of Thrones sites last year.

So I check with them if there was anything they would recommend and get back to you.

Hope things continue to go well with your work and, more importantly, your health.

Take care, Paul. :)

PS
Did you ever make the epic car home movie you were planning with your GoPro?

This isn't one of my best, but you can at least to a bit of London sight seeing at home. ;)

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
I had a blast driving in the UK - started in London, went up the East Coast to Edinburgh, across to Glasgow, Isle of Skye, Inverness. It was a Renault Scenic, 5 speed. The most utilitarian car I've ever driven. Huge windows, floor boards that opened up to store your umbrella. It was slow as a snail but we drove over 800 miles on less than 2 tanks of petrol !!!

And that Loch Ness is really, really, really REALLY long!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks for the well wishing! It has been a tough time here in the USA.
I too had a vacation planned for this very week (rescheduled to August) and another one in June.
Hopefully the one in June is still going to happen. I hope for all our sake's that this virus will blow over soon!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SveltGt - Looks like the UK lockdown is going to be extended beyond Easter, maybe until May?

Unfortunately, for both the UK and USA, it looks like things will get worse before they get better.

Take care, Paul. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts