Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to hook up some courstesy lighting under dash. The Courtesy lights have - red / blk wires (self explanatory). Ron Francis harness courtesy wires - red / grey wires. What do you do with the grey wire?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Da! paint it black so you can connect it.

Jack

·
Builder
259 Posts
Courstesy lighting has it's own ground which comes from the side of the headlight switch. Connect the gray wire to that, the red is hot. When you turn the headlight switch to a full stop it will turn on the courstesy lights. Good Luck
John

·
Master Student
1,499 Posts
Courstesy lighting has it's own ground which comes from the side of the headlight switch. Connect the gray wire to that, the red is hot. When you turn the headlight switch to a full stop it will turn on the courstesy lights. Good Luck
John
That is what I did. It eliminated the need for another switch on the dash and works great with a couple of LED lights mounted on my under dash panel.

·
Registered
788 Posts
For some reason....maybe self inflicted, the courtesy light on my headlight switch stopped working during the wiring, and I went with a dash switch and the led self adhesive lights that came in the kit. Three under the dash and one in the glove box. I bit tedious to get them soldered (using my soldering iron) but, they put out good light.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Looking to hook up some courstesy lighting under dash. The Courtesy lights have - red / blk wires (self explanatory). Ron Francis harness courtesy wires - red / grey wires. What do you do with the grey wire?
if you want get some led fixtures i got some from a Marine supplier, i used a circuit that wasn't being used like the electric choke for me, hooked the power side to the fixture and the ground to the headlight switch used the dome light part of the headlight switch it works on switching the ground. the led's don't pull much.

·
Not a waxer
12,096 Posts
...i used a circuit that wasn't being used like the electric choke...
The choke sircuit is only hot when the ignition is on. That sort of eliminates being able to flip on the courtesy lights to get your keys organized and into the ignition in a dark car! Do it as you wish but I recommend a constant hot feed like the radio memory.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.