Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my surprise visit from Cobradawg last weekend, he mentioned one thing he'd do differently would be to add courtest lights for getting in the car in the evening. I was paying attention. Found these at LOWES for $3.99. If they are bright enough they really seem to be a perfect/easy/inexpensive(never used that word on an option) addition.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Just what I was after ! there is room on the backside of the 2x4 frame to mount them watch the location for interference with heaters if you use one . Bob

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob there is but then the wires show in my engine bay, not what I wanted. Mounted here you can't see it and you'd be hard pressed to hit a knee on it. You could slide the mounting aluminum in either direction to miss heater.

·
Senior Charter Member
191 Posts
I used the same lights and made the same brackets, they are perfect for lighting up the footboxes. I found them at Autozone for about the same price. My light switch is a GM unit that when you turn past the dimmer you turn the interior lights on. I also put 3 in the trunk, 1 on each side and 1 toward the front of the trunk which are hooked up to the footbox ones.

Bill

·
Non-supporting member
1,164 Posts
Todd, I have those same lights in my truck. Do yourself a favor and turn the shield around so the lens is facing forward. You won't get any light up there if that's what your looking for. Also, Autozone carries the 194 bulbs but in blue. Gives a really cool mood to the car.

·
Senior Charter Member
529 Posts
I have the same lights, works great in my cobra.

·
2,746 Posts
Todd,

In which area of Lowes were they? Think I might need some of those.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
I found the same lights at Pep Boys, bought the last two they had in the store.

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
Originally posted by Cwood8656:
In which area of Lowes were they? Think I might need some of those.
Any idea on a brand/model number? I'd like to try and find the same up here in the great white north...

·
238 Posts
I also wired 4 LEDs into the rear of the cockpit for map reading and general lighting I (they are unobtrusive) and one in my glove compartment. I light them up by turning the headlight switch.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I have Optronics brand and the Part # is LP-31CS. I've seen them at Autozone, Advanced Auto, and Pep Boys.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Picture of the from John Hudson's His site

[ June 08, 2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Another Kevin ]

·
Builder of OVERKILL!!
539 Posts
I used the same lights under the dash. I also used a light from billet specialties between the seats.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the ideas, looks like I'm off to buy a few more. I like the trunk idea as well.
D Weber,
I faced them back because (they are under the dash so they won't shine in your face) to see how to put on the 5 point harness.
Chris,
they were in the automotive with the trailer hitches and trailer lights. Yes Lowes has a very small "Auto" section, or atleast that what the employee called it.

·
2,746 Posts
Wow, Todd...

I thought I knew Lowe's as well as whoever owns the damn place. Maybe I'll have to ask where that section is... thanks.

Chris.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
4,318 Posts
I mounted mine to the 2x2 cross brace. they are out of the way and light up the footbox's. I also ran the wires inside the 2x2. they are hooked up to the dimmer switch, just like in a real car.

·
4,318 Posts
I mounted mine to the 2x2 cross brace. they are out of the way and light up the footbox's. I also ran the wires inside the 2x2. they are hooked up to the dimmer switch, just like in a real car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts