Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my first post for this thread, but its authentic.. :) I needed to make room under the house to extend the existing garage. Lucky I have some engineering and building experience, although the diggers are going to cost no matter what.. :)

Attachments

·
1,485 Posts
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Good luck with the construction.

·
Junior Charter Member
621 Posts
Looking good, the prep for the cars arrival can be as much work as the car.

I reworked my storage shelves and work bench in anticipation of my cars delivery.

And of course, had to get a healthy honey do list finished as well.

When is the expected delivery date?

Chris

·
Registered
954 Posts
You know sometimes building these coupes is almost outweighed by the prep costs!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone.. :)

The cost of the extension to the garage will be about equivalent to the FFR list price.. :) Is not too bad when its the only option in the place I currently own.. am far more intimated by the work required to assemble the car:confused::confused:

Production date is 24 May, pick up the week after... 6 - 8 weeks with shipping and customs. Garage will be done in about 3.. :)

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
today's efforts.. ! beam in place.. excavators now have a clear run.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Smitty.. :) Cheers.. Chris

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
progress.... slab down in a few days.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not too hard thankfully Kim.. 65 tonnes of it none the less... :). Slab down, walls and ceiling to be installed in the next week or so I hope.

One question I have searched on but found limited information on if there are any pointers available:

I was planning to fit a cold air intake at the front of the hood and feed the air over the radiator via a fabricated aluminum runner to the inlet of the LS3 motor.

Can anyone enlighten me on the details of a MAF less tune and how this can be selected / programmed with the ECU..?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Chris

You will not be able to feed air over the radiator. No room. Radiator fitment is within 3/4".

Tuning LS motors with MAF: There are 2 programs I am aware of. HP-Tuner and EFI Live.

Tuning the LS with out MAF (MAF Less). Di you really intend to say MAF less?

If yes, then many questions. Same intake? Will have to have a different ECU.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Don.. so the journey of discovery continues.. :)

Cheers

Chris

·
Senior Charter Member
2,970 Posts
Man, I though I was bad...that is some project going on there!! I am telling my wife about this one...may actually give me some wiggle room for more projects.

Marc

·
Junior Charter Member
2,087 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brilliant... thanks Mike.. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A call to anyone in AUS (or unlikely as it may be) in the US, that may have a set of torsional test data for the Coupe or Roadster. The Automotive Engineer I am using in Aus would accept the Roadster data. Having this would save a lot of time and cost during my build.

With thanks

Chris

1 - 20 of 392 Posts