Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys installing the fuse panel in the Coupe? I did a search on coupe fuse box and not much comes out.

I know the "glove box" location is popular, but I am reserving that space for my A/C unit from Rich (NorthRaceCars).

Pictures and comments would be great.

I have the Complete Kit, and it comes with a Ron Francis harness.

Thanks,
wayne

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Update: Sorry. I only read the first line and got excited to give an answer. Didn't see the RF part. Note to self. Read the entire post before posting something that makes you look like an idiot. :)

I have one fuse box in the drivers side foot box.

and another in the engine compartment along with the constant control relay module. This allows me to use the relays in the CCRM and fuse box.

·
Junior Charter Member
425 Posts
I put mine in the "stock" location that the instructions from RF shows, up underneath the driver's side dash.

When you get to the AC install pm me and I'll send you a bunch of pictures. I just installed the Northrace car's ac unit and it doesn't have many pictures with it.

JC

·
Registered
313 Posts
Fuse block

My builder put mine under the dash. What a pain if you have a problem.
I moved it to the opening , just left of the dash. Fat fingers dont reach it, but small needle nose pliers work great.
Get the fuses that light up when they blow. What a time saver.

The Nut

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wayne , look at my photobucket there is one photo where you can see the 3 access panels I put in. You can get to the top Fuse Block , Master Cyl. and clutch mech. Too much in there for my 6'2" frame to chase after under the dash. Get some T-6 and go after it , easy to do.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I put mine in the "stock" location that the instructions from RF shows, up underneath the driver's side dash.

When you get to the AC install pm me and I'll send you a bunch of pictures. I just installed the Northrace car's ac unit and it doesn't have many pictures with it.

JC
Mine is in this same location. I have thought about inverting it and then use the acess panel on top of the footbox as the access to it, but not sure if I can get the wires out of the way of the clutch arm that way yet.

I can use those pictures on the AC, I have the same unit and trying to figure out how i can get the hoses through the firewall neatly.

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Update: Sorry. I only read the first line and got excited to give an answer. Didn't see the RF part. Note to self. Read the entire post before posting something that makes you look like an idiot. :)

and another in the engine compartment along with the constant control relay module. This allows me to use the relays in the CCRM and fuse box.

I "complete" kit did not have a fuse box so I used one from a '99 Crown Vic and mounted it on top of the passenger side footbox for easy access.

Here's a crappy pic....

Paul

·
Registered
588 Posts
I put mine under the dash on the drivers side. It's hard to reach for sure, but it's so tight everywhere under the dash, that I couldn't find a better spot. I have the Vintage Air unit mounted on the passenger side, as well as a small glove compartment in front of it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ron -
No worries - I love everything you do on your projects!
-wayne

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the quick replies and photos -- makes me think I should switch to circuit breakers instead...... I've been thinking of using aircraft circuit breakers instead of panel switches for my dash. I have a long way to go, but my mind wanders.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.