Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a bit of sadness that I am putting my Coupe up for sale on Bring a Trailer. :frown2: At 72 it is just getting too hard to put my body into the car especially with compromised knees.

This Forum has been a great place to help build the Coupe and bounce ideas around. Thanks to all! :smile2::smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah, you gotta be sad to give it up!

May I ask where you got those mirrors? I like them. It looks like they extend out far enough to be pretty useful.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
May I ask where you got those mirrors? I like them. It looks like they extend out far enough to be pretty useful.
Can't be positive, but look like the ones Peter Brock sells on his website. I'm using them on my Gen 3 build. https://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=010D01&Category_Code=mirror. If not, they're nearly identical.

Really nice looking Coupe BTW. Too bad you have to sell it. Hope you get a good price. Someone will get a nice one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, been on a bit of a holiday. The Coupe is listed on Bring a Trailer and the auction is up on Friday at 1:00 PM. Currently, VERY CLOSE TO THE RESERVE!!

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, there is always three sides to a story, mine, yours and the truth........and in this case, the truth is it was just time for the Coupe to go. I am happy for the new owner.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,970 Posts
Unfortunately when these types of cars go up for sale the market can be pretty small so it often ends up being a buyers market.

I recently sold my SPF cobra. It had been on and off the market for a few years but only because I couldn’t bring myself to letting it go. I got a handful of nibbles over that time period. One guy kept coming back even after I had decided not to sell and I eventually gave in for a price that I set (which was higher than what I paid 15 years ago). I figured I likely wouldn’t see another buyer quite so motivated and so it was just time for it to go. No regrets... yet.

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts
Did you have a Coupe AND a Boss 302 LS? Because that's what I have and I thought I was the only one with that combo!

[/url]IMG_0365 by jeff, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about that. Two Ford guys with the same cars. Congrats to you!! Now I'm looking for a Lotus 7 kit for the collection.

Thanks
Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts