37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First start with the engine factory 351w with Fast EFI and a TKO600 plus

Thanks Mark Dougherty for all the help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still haven't had much experience with it, I'll tell you when I start to tune and get more practice with it. Looks like a nice system so far though.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Sounds hot. Congrats!

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
Congrats Chris!,

Looks like your son got a little surprise from the headers. :w00t:

Hank
:darkbluecoupe:

·
Charter Member
2,564 Posts
Way to go Chris! Sounds great! Did you have fun with Mark D.? Perpetual smile and really knows his stuff!

Garry

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah Mark is a great guy, extremely knowledgeable and great fun to work with. Will be seeing him again soon for the body work.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I totally get the video Chris. My coupe project first started as a build with my younger son who's now off to college. I'm sure he'll never forget that first start sequence. Of course now he's pursuing motorsports engineering so the project evidently made an impression on him.

Nice job mentoring your son!!

·
2,630 Posts
Congratulations!!!! That right there looks like a whole lot of work been going on! Awesome progress, agree Mark is a talent and a joy, and very cool you're working on it with your son. :001_smile:

K

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Yes..a true first start....love the startled jump ...congrats!!!!

·
2,930 Posts
Guys
I can't say enough good things about the engine factory engines. Every time they start perfect, all hardware is there, and the workmanship is first rate.
It is awsome working with Chris. I will be at his house again this coming weekend.
but just so you know.
the big guy is me, and the son you are refering to is Chris. LOL Yes he is only 17 and is building his car ( no this is not his fathers car ) Chris has worked very hard to get to this point, and I am proud to be a part of his build. He is an awsome young man.
It is odd though to look over at the corner of his Garage and see his collection of long boards ( skateboards) neatly stacked on the rack.
If the FFR parts come in this week we go cart this coming weekend and fit the body. Then off to paint and while it is getting painted we will finish up the wiring and interior. The plan is for him to be able to drive it to school this fall. Yeah we are on a mission.
Later
mark D

·
Banned
806 Posts
Guys
but just so you know.
the big guy is me, and the son you are refering to is Chris. LOL Yes he is only 17 and is building his car ( no this is not his fathers car ) Chris has worked very hard to get to this point, and I am proud to be a part of his build. He is an awsome young man.

Later
mark D
Well I'll be a polky-dotted possum!! Hahahaha! What a cool story Mark.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Guys
Ithe big guy is me, and the son you are refering to is Chris. LOL Yes he is only 17 and is building his car ( no this is not his fathers car ) Chris has worked very hard to get to this point, and I am proud to be a part of his build. He is an awsome young man.
Awesome!

You guys are really fortunate to be able to do this.

·
516 Posts
Fantastic Chris! Keep your head on straight and get some advanced drivers training!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats Chris! I just got mine started yesterday too, and it is a very exciting time!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts