Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,
I was looking at my numbers and threw this doc together to keep up with my spending/budgeting on the project. Thought I'd share it. It's not locked so feel free to manipulate it as you see fit. No worries.

R/s

:eek:fficer3:Vidal

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
All,
I was looking at my numbers and threw this doc together keep up with my spending/budgeting on the project. Thought I'd share it. It's not locked so feel free to manipulate it as you see fit. No worries.

R/s

:eek:fficer3:Vidal
Hi Buddy,

This is a good idea for everyone building a GTM. I did the same thing a couple of months ago. If you are trying to stick to a ridgid budget, this sort of toool is a must. You definitely need to track cost as you go, and balance that against your plan.

You just can't "ballpark" the numbers and be anywhere close to your true "spend", on one of these cars.

When I ran the totals on my build, it really opened my eyes. I'm not on a strict budget, but there is a target that I had in my head.

When I pay Whitby's for body and paint work, I'll be right at my target. But I didn't really know for sure, until I ran these numbers.

This is a good post!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Buddy,

This is a good idea for everyone building a GTM. I did the same thing a couple of months ago. If you are trying to stick to a ridgid budget, this sort of toool is a must. You definitely need to track cost as you go, and balance that against your plan.

You just can't "ballpark" the numbers and be anywhere close to your true "spend", on one of these cars.

When I ran the totals on my build, it really opened my eyes. I'm not on a strict budget, but there is a target that I had in my head.

When I pay Whitby's for body and paint work, I'll be right at my target. But I didn't really know for sure, until I ran these numbers.

This is a good post!
The Stig,
You're definitely right. I know you can't do this for free, but there's no reason I can't set limits and detail track my spending. The only debt we do in my house is the mortgage. I've learned that every mission starts with mission planning and it's always written so it can be referenced during execution.
My Target/Limit is $40k. Planning, shopping and the Gen2 may make it possible. Time will tell. My problem right now is trying not to buy each new add-on. I pro/con every add-on for necessity to determine whether to buy or not.
Again. If you find it useful in any way use it and manipulate it to fit you.

R/s
Vidal

·
Registered
198 Posts
Budget, Budget, budget - we doan need no stinkin budget. lol

Too late - I totally blew mine months ago. However, I have some great upgrades and helped support several of our starving vendors. I think it's all part of the gtm stimulus package. Plus , seeing pics of the finished builds always opens new ideas and must haves - so you see, it's all youse guys fault
that I have to stand beside the road with a carboard sign that reads

broke - need gas for my gtm :001_tongue:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Props go out to all who have kept to a budget building a GTM. For me, it was like going to a bar, planning on having one martini and then sticking to it-- just doesn't happen. For those doing "basic" builds, I'd like to remind you:
1) That you will almost never run into another GTM, so there's little risk of bumping into one that is bigger and badder.
2) No matter how powerful the motor, or how many goodies are installed, these cars are absolutely awesome lookers and performers.
So, my advice is do what you can afford and don't look back. The best thing about your customization will be the extra time it'll take for the build, which is a big part of the fun. Build on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts